How Loud are Super Chargers

Gravik

Established Member
I don't want a quiet car. I just want the v8 rumble to be the dominate noise, not the supercharger.

[youtube_browser]65TOa68_tiI[/youtube_browser]

Loud blower noise and still plenty of v8 rumble. You'd have to have a really quiet exhaust for the blower to dominate the noise.

I mean, a friend of mine has a vortech v2 supercharged Cobra with stock exhaust and the exhaust still makes 99.9% of the noise.

Last edited:

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
My car is a 97 cobra with bassani catted x, dynomax welded mufflers (not much louder than factory exhaust, just barely noticeable as aftermarket). My vortech v2 SQ makes 6+ lbs and you can just barely hear it over the exhaust.

amgbobby

Established Member
V1's are loud and can be heard at idle..
V2's are silent and cannot be heard at all.. You hear a slight woosh at full throttle if you are in front of the car, but otherwise, no one will know it's there

i have a Vortech V-2 on my 93 cobra and it screams. not as loud as my old V-1 10 years ago are but its pretty loud I'm not to sure what V-2 your talking about

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
i have a Vortech V-2 on my 93 cobra and it screams. not as loud as my old V-1 10 years ago are but its pretty loud I'm not to sure what V-2 your talking about

Your V-2 Shouldn't be making ANY noise besides a whoosh of air... Only vid of the V2 that I have atm.

[youtube_browser]c4-overview&list=UUfEEXVqANwzK4O-kvT2jqEg[/youtube_browser]

Users who are viewing this thread