How long do you spend cleaning your baby?

How much time do you spend cleaning your car?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Washing goes down in about 10-15 mins. If I want to do the tires and trim it takes about 25 mins.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I voted no time limit. But usually at least 4 hours, and sometimes 6.

WIECH

Established Member
no time limit here since my is black it needs the extra care :) but when it comes out of storage from this winter it will be cleaned and buffed by a pro first time it will be cleaned by n e except me. i figured once a year if it buffed by a pro it will look better since i usally hand buff it so i cant completely get the swirl marks out :bash: dam black and those swirl marks

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
I voted no time limit. But usually at least 4 hours, and sometimes 6.

you gotta be kidding... theres no way it could take that long.... in the summer i wash my car like every other day... since its allready halfway clean by the next day... i can have it showroom cond within like 30 min :shrug:

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Damn, 4-6 hours for basic wash/dry, windows, etc. Damn :eek: You sure your doing one car? :lol1:

8urvett

Established Member
I can easily take over four hours!! But people like us are going the extra mile! I am sure the guys/gals who take as long as I do are doing the backside of the wheels, probally lifting the car somehow to get underneath, use air hose to get rid of all the water etc etc etc.
I use a kwiklift sometimes when I wash my cars. I think for most guys it's a labor of love and pride in doing a good job.
Not that the 30 minute job doesn't happen from time to time, and those who only do a 30 minute job probally love their car too, they probally just have other things to do also!
Just my 2cents I guess!

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
8urvett said:
I can easily take over four hours!! But people like us are going the extra mile! I am sure the guys/gals who take as long as I do are doing the backside of the wheels, probally lifting the car somehow to get underneath, use air hose to get rid of all the water etc etc etc.
I use a kwiklift sometimes when I wash my cars. I think for most guys it's a labor of love and pride in doing a good job.
Not that the 30 minute job doesn't happen from time to time, and those who only do a 30 minute job probally love their car too, they probally just have other things to do also!
Just my 2cents I guess!

I agree, I go all out sometimes...doing EVERYTHING. That only happens a couple times a year though. I don't really see the need to go all out everytime I wash though. I mean if you clean the car head to toe, then give it a week and do it again, your not going to be cleaning much. A couple of rigorous cleanings ARE necessary, just not all the time. I do a simple wash/dry once a week or even less sometimes and my paint is in good shape after many winters & 220,000 miles. :thumbsup:
MycarCLEAN.jpg

Last edited:

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
I spend 3-4 hrs on my car at least two times a week just detailed orientated but thats my daily driver and I do the wash, wax, clean ,vacuum, thinggy each time.
just like 8urvett stated it a labor of love now my wife is totally different all she does is put gas in it and expects it to clean its self lol !!!

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
Takes me about 3 hrs to do everything.
I wash the top and windows....dry top and windows.
Wash hood..dry hood...raise hood.
Wash front end/engine, front fenders....dry front end/engine, front fenders.
Wash sides and trunk lid, dry sides and trunk lid.
Wash rear bumper, wash/shine exhaust tips, dry rear bumper.
Wash wheels (inside and out) and tires, dry wheels, shine tires.
Vacuum interior, wipe down interior, clean inside windows.

3-4 hrs total once a week.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Lets put it this way guys. I use Q-tips when I clean my car. 'nough said.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
i may take 2-3 days total, 1 to wash and dry then polish the one coat of wax/sealant then 1-2 coats seperated by 24hrs

TayWolf55

Established Member
I will personally spend about 30 minutes cleaning mine, then checking back time to time for another hour or so to make sure I dont have any water spots. My dad on the other hand is absolutely obsessed. He will take a cu-tip (sp) to a part of his cobra if he sees any dust.

dalamar_96

Established Member
96stanggt said:
I'll spend a few hours once a week and the rest of the week just give her a good wipe down......

Same here.
once a month or so, I detail everything and wax it. That takes more like the 4-6 hrs. mentioned above.
My car's not daily driver

I hate a dirty car!

Users who are viewing this thread