How Long Do You Sleep?

CobraKid04

Established Member
I'm a 3rd shifter 2200-0600. I wear an eye mask, which help with the light. Asleep by 7am wake up at 1330-1400 hours. So 6-7 hours.

I do a breathing exercise. 4 second inhale through nose, hold for 2, out through mouth 4 seconds. Really concentrate on the breathing. 4-5 sets of that and I'm out.

I

97snakebite

Established Member
During the week I get 6hrs a night with 1 of those only getting 4 bi weekly.. my weekends very. I dj weddings so I get 6 to 10hrs..if i don't have a wedding hell I can sleep 12hrs

Dusten

Established Member
Normally I sleep 4-6 hours a night but usually once a week I can't sleep at all and end up being awake for about 28-31 hours straight. (Like tonight) Anyone else like this? It doesn't bother me that much but i know it can't be good for me but I can't get my mind to shut off sometimes.
Depends on what shift I am on. If I am working days I go to bed around 9-9:30 and get up at 4 am. If I am working my eves shift I sleep from 1 am to 640 am and If I am working nights I sleep from 9 am to 4 pm.
When I go from a day off to mids I stay up for generally about 26 hours. When I come off mids to days I am usually up 30 hours before I sleep.
When I am not working and its a week day I sleep from 10-640 and on the weekends from 10-8. If I am off work I sleep plenty, but kids and life prevent it during my work days. I have no real issue sleeping though.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
If I get less than 6 hours, (which rarely happens), I'm cranky and pissy in the morning. More like most of the morning. lol

sdoo500

Established Member
7-8 every night just about. Any more I’m groggy, and less I’m cranky. I have absolutely zero issue falling asleep regardless of the time lol

zeus201

Established Member
I'm usually in bed by 12 - 1 a.m. and awake by 6:30 - 7 a.m. during the weekdays. Weekends I'll sleep in too 8 - 9 a.m.

I

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I'm an old man. At 27 I go to bed around 9-9:30 and wake up around 6. So anywhere from 8-9 hours. On the weekends, it's even worse. 10-12 hours. Bedtime doesn't change much over the weekends, I just sleep in with the lady friend.

Probably doesn't help I'm severely buzzed almost every time I go to sleep though

spectreman

Established Member
I've slept like crap since my teens & I'm closing in on 57 now. I also worked mids for most of my LEO career, more than 20 years on nights- you talk about something that screws w/your sleep. Back then I was lucky to average 3-5 hrs. per day depending on child care issues, training, SWAT calls, command meetings, etc.

When I retired from that 8 years ago, I started sleeping like a normal person- well, kinda sorta. Took me a long time to get into a rhythm of any sort. Started getting 6-8 a night- very abnormal for my body and my brain never shuts off so it's never a restful night. Always w/the whacky dreams, tossing/turning.

And injuries have gotten more significant as I've gotten older. Body just doesn't recover like it use to & I've fought to maintain my fitness regimen over the years, except that I can no longer do any martial arts training. Had my l. shoulder worked on in Feb. this year and still nowhere near normal, still limited strength, still can't sleep on my left side. On a good night, I'll get 3-4 hrs. straight sleep but I wake up 5-8x a night because of the shoulder or need to pee.

Sleep, however, is vastly over-rated, IMHO. You don't really need sleep- it's a bad habit and only babies need sleep. You will sleep when you're dead. These are all the comments I've told myself over the years...
Lee

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
I can make it pretty good on 5-7 hrs of sleep. I worked nights for over 10yrs and that really screwed with me when I finally went to day shift. Took me about 3yrs to work that out of my system. But now we have three kids 5yrs, 2yrs, and 7mths. Sleep is not a issue anymore lol. I'm out and soon as I hit the pillow these days.

Users who are viewing this thread