How long between Maintenance/oil change

robbyrobs

Established Member
I purchased my 13 gt back in July, and I have now come to the point where my mileage is within a few hundred miles of the mileage written on the window sticker, but when I check the dash for the oil life it says over 50% oil life left. What do you guys go by? The cars self monitor system or mileage? I would have put about 4500 miles on it if I were to change it by the window sticker.

Thanks
robby

Last edited:

WGPpaintball118

Cadillac Magnet
Established Member
I usually go 3,500-4,000 on mine since I daily it. I am a bit heavy on the throttle and do a lot of short drives, so I play it kinda safe.

TEG-84

Established Member
I've been running Amsoil 10w30 SS and change it once a year. 25k/1 year. 15k/1 year with "severe" driving. I will never hit the mileage so it's every Oct for me. I reset the oil life at every oil change (only to avoid the ding/display) but do not use it as a reference.

Last edited:

Mustangfresk196

Established Member
I change it once a year before I put the car away for the winter. I'll put about 4k-5k on it a year. I think my oil life says 70 some percent right now. I've got Mobil 1 5w-50 in it right now.

Zandura99

Almost there
Established Member
I did mine at 7k, and both myself and the oil guy were looking at this oil coming out of the pan and thinking... this looks like the oil I am about to pour in your motor! It was golden and looked like new. My life on the dash said 70% +/-... and I drive the car like I stole it.

I am in on this conversation because I just hit 15k and so was thinking it was about time. I had a few more spirited sessions this last 7k so maybe its a bit further in the life cycle.

numbnutz

Established Member
I switched to Amsoil SS at 300 miles and had it dynoed at GTR 2 weekends ago and Ricardo checked the stick and the oil level was below the line. I'm at 4200 miles currently with a Paxton. Do the Coyotes consume that much oil?

TEG-84

Established Member
I switched to Amsoil SS at 300 miles and had it dynoed at GTR 2 weekends ago and Ricardo checked the stick and the oil level was below the line. I'm at 4200 miles currently with a Paxton. Do the Coyotes consume that much oil?

I've never had an issue with oil consumption.

robbyrobs

Established Member
thanks for all the info guys, really appreciate it. Since i'm not sure what oil was put in at the dealer i'm going to change it here soon, and then adjust from there as I need too.

greenscobie86

Established Member
I've been going about 7500 miles +/- with full synthetic. Did the first oil change at 1k. IMO, these motors have 8.5qts of oil, so they can go longer than 5k per oil change with no problem, especially when synthetic oil is used.

Jabooh1

Established Member
I bought an oil sample kit and, although debatable, take samples and get them analyzed. The Castrol Edge 5w50 that I use last around 7500 miles before the viscosity degrades a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread