How is this a stock Eaton ? LOL

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Nice long tubes :D
I don't see what the big deal is though, my guess is he has a lower pulley and doesn't even know it.

Its not a question about a pulley. He has RR upper. It's about if the eaton has been ported or not. This guy would know if he had a lower pulley. He's pretty smart.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Its not a question about a pulley. He has RR upper. It's about if the eaton has been ported or not. This guy would know if he had a lower pulley. He's pretty smart.

could care less how smart he is, is the car used or did he paint the dash stuff in there too LOL. Just saying the lower pulley mixed with an upper makes for a loud eaton ported or not.

If you haven't heard a upper and lower pulley cobra making 18+ boost then you haven't heard an eaton scream before .:thumbsup:

Last edited:

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
could care less how smart he is, is the car used or did he paint the dash stuff in there too LOL. Just saying the lower pulley mixed with an upper makes for a loud eaton ported or not.

If you haven't heard a upper and lower pulley cobra making 18+ boost then you haven't heard an eaton scream before .:thumbsup:

I'm saying the kid is smart enough to know if he had a stock or aftermarket lower. Not be oblivious about it like you stated he was.

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
Nice long tubes :D
I don't see what the big deal is though, my guess is he has a lower pulley and doesn't even know it.

Nothing is a big deal, I just never in my life heard an eaton sound like this when the owner states it's a 2.8 upper pulley only....

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Nothing is a big deal, I just never in my life heard an eaton sound like this when the owner states it's a 2.8 upper pulley only....

So your question may be, does a ported eaton sound louder then a non-ported eaton? They are a little louder. But back to this video, I just have this funny feeling this guy didn't purchase this car new so he may not know what is done to it. I know my two cobras i've sold both have ported blowers out there hehe

Also different cameras pick up different sounds differently and can be enhanced when edited. if the blower isn't ported, i'm going with lower pulley or just camera sounds.

Last edited:

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
So your question may be, does a ported eaton sound louder then a non-ported eaton? They are a little louder. But back to this video, I just have this funny feeling this guy didn't purchase this car new so he may not know what is done to it. I know my two cobras i've sold both have ported blowers out there hehe

Also different cameras pick up different sounds differently and can be enhanced when edited. if the blower isn't ported, i'm going with lower pulley or just camera sounds.

I'm not sure what I'm aiming my question of asking how this is a stock eaton. Im not asking anything about a ported eaton, im just simply asking how is this stock with that sound. Either by pulley combo, intake, silencer holes, etc. But I do know this does not sound like a 2.8 pulley eaton. Period.

Wait so you sold 2 of your cobras with ported blowers and didn't tell the new owners?

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
I did tell them since they were enthusiastic , but what if you (someone) traded it in. Do you really think a stealership gives a f or you would telling them. How many times have there been people sold cars and the owner doesn't know all the details especially with modded cars. I had a huge list of mods from previous owners and still find things that i didn't know or wasn't sure of.

Honestly im sorry i even wrote in on this thread. My bad this guy has an unusual sounding eaton blower with something magical done to it, wow what could it be LOL :bored: Unsubscribing.

for what its worth I do like step brothers though :beer:

Last edited:

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
I did tell them since they were enthusiastic , but what if you (someone) traded it in. Do you really think a stealership gives a f or you would telling them. How many times have there been people sold cars and the owner doesn't know all the details especially with modded cars. I had a huge list of mods from previous owners and still find things that i didn't know or wasn't sure of.

Honestly im sorry i even wrote in on this thread. My bad this guy has an unusual sounding eaton blower with something magica
l done to it, wow what could it be LOL :bored: Unsubscribing.

for what its worth I do like step brothers though :beer:

Oh I completely agree with you on the dealership part and private owners selling modded cars. You never really know what your going to get unless the owner did all the modifications. Appreciate your advice, was just looking for a more logical answer on why that car sounded like this. I was really curious as to if there was something else you could do to make a stock eaton sound like that.

Nice engine bay BTW :beer:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Funny - this guy is local to me but I've never talked to him. He lives in the Indiana suburbs of Louisville. I was at a restaurant a few months ago and saw his car in the parking lot and was checking it out. His paint made me feel bad about my car, I couldn't believe how new it looked, now I know why - dude just had it painted and they did a good job. I couldn't tell it wasn't the original paint. He hadn't painted his rims yet though.

Opening it up going across the bridges is fun, you definitely get some echo going.

Users who are viewing this thread