How is GT500 TP $30,000 More Than 350R?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Explain this to me. It has a super charger and DCT. 350R has pretty much everything else and costs $30,000 less. Am I missing something?
It’s called a great reveal party and amazing marketing that they will sell everyone at $80k-100k+!

They have to make up for the 2 weeks of R&D somewhere. That’s not cheap....wait I’m confused. 2 weeks R&D is Dodge with their $6k flares and wider wheels.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
The demon is a challenger with a blower and slicks, why is it $90k? Am I missing something?

This logic is flawed. Clearly it’s biased bullshit

No It's a Challenger that goes for $90K and has a $45K + ADM added to it. And funny that over 12 dealers still have their Demons and they have not been sold because of this.

But I'll totally derail this thread now.

Kaneda show me where the 20 or 30 single seat made Demons have even come close to that magical Unicorn (Fantasy dreamed up Dodge time) of 9.65 at. And it has to be the ones that came from the factory as the test car, none of these other losers that want to gut their interiors and trunks then switch out tires and then run. Nope that is modding and a no go for me. So where is this time at since SRT and Dodge both was thumping their chest over it and saying how it was true and what the car could do. So show me and I'll gladly leave here.................................. Oh never mind as only 2 of those Demons on that 1/4th time list under 10 seconds was bonafide stock all the others had different tires and other stuff.

And yes a DCT is not cheap by any means as a lot of Lambo owners dump their Huricans and Adventadors as soon as their warranties expire do to this. As spending $20,000 for a new tranny is not cheap. That is my only major concern is just how durable is this DCT that comes in the GT-500 is it 5+ years or is it 3 years and you start to notice a few things like slipping and not engaging as quickly on gear changes when it was new.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I tried looking for the pricing. Where did you find that?
Thanks

You'll have a very hard time finding it at this point. The number came from DOES II, the internal network for parts ordering - and a good friend.:)

KR3Z 7003 A PART NAME: TRANSMISSION ASY SR:20135.01 (SR= suggested retail)
KR3V 7003 AE MAX ORD QTY: 0 PRICE EACH:

PART #: KR3Z 7003A ENG #: KR3V7003AE
PART NAME: TRANSMISSION ASY DATE OFF B/O: 00/00/00 B/O RANKING:
DATE MERCHANDISER REMARKS

PART NUMBER: KR3Z 7003A QTY: 1 K MSG: NOT YET AVAILABLE

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Interesting. So $17,311 (core charge), what I'd expect from Autonation. The TR3160 would have a price decrease from retail as well.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Why would you be charged a core charge when buying a new part, I can see it on a remanufactured part.

untitled8.jpg

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
A better question is why did Ford build a GT and charge 400k plus and only sell it to Jay Leno and Kim Kardashian? It’s not hard to see that Ford has completely lost its way and forgot about its core customers. They don’t even build cars anymore! What a complete joke.

The mustang is a car.

The Ford gt is a sold out car

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Interesting. So $17,311 (core charge), what I'd expect from Autonation. The TR3160 would have a price decrease from retail as well.
Probably not as much as you'd expect.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
The demon is a challenger with a blower and slicks, why is it $90k? Am I missing something?

This logic is flawed. Clearly it’s biased bullshit

Let's break down the Demon over Hellcat pricing, shall we?

A Hellcat with 8-speed tranny before the Demon came out was roughly $70,000. (non widebody. 707 horses.

Demon is $86,000 MSRP. (I and many paid MSRP).
What do you get for 86K ($16,000 over Hellcat)? Way more than what you get in the GT500 over the GT350R.

1 - Completely reworked 6.2 liter engine with an ALL NEW 2.7 liter supercharger
2 - All new suspension optimized for 1/4 mile runs / weight transfer
3 - Air Grabber hood, largest hood intake in any production car ever
4 - Chiller Feature - ability to send air conditioner coolant into the engine radiator to keep engine temps down
5 - Demon Crate - $7,000 in parts in the crate, let me repeat that $7,000 in parts. Everything you need to unleash the full potential at track
6 - 840 horses / 770 torque
7 - Most powerful V8 in history
8 - Fastest production car in history 1/4 mile (time was certified)
9 - First production car to ever do a wheelie
10 - #1 Car On D Bit wants but can't afford.

Look, I know ADMs happen and they suck. But when you look at what Dodge gave people for the money and what Ford is giving people, it's night and day. The bast GT500 price isn't bad, but who wants a base model? Almost no one.

Don't get me wrong, the DCT is going to be INSANE, but it comes with a huge price. My biggest concern as many are saying is down the road, how well will it hold up. Especially to LAUNCHES. 20K to replace the tranny is insane and would keep me away from this car. Reminds me of how expensive the GT-R was to maintain.

Dusten

Established Member

A Hellcat with 8-speed tranny before the Demon came out was roughly $70,000. (non widebody. 707 horses.

What do you get for 86K ($16,000 over Hellcat)? Way more than what you get in the GT500 over the GT350R.

4 - Chiller Feature - ability to send air conditioner coolant into the engine radiator to keep engine temps down
5 - Demon Crate - $7,000 in parts in the crate, let me repeat that $7,000 in parts. Everything you need to unleash the full potential at track

Look, I know ADMs happen and they suck. But when you look at what Dodge gave people for the money and what Ford is giving people, it's night and day. The bast GT500 price isn't bad, but who wants a base model? Almost no one.

Don't get me wrong, the DCT is going to be INSANE, but it comes with a huge price. My biggest concern as many are saying is down the road, how well will it hold up. Especially to LAUNCHES. 20K to replace the tranny is insane and would keep me away from this car. Reminds me of how expensive the GT-R was to maintain.

The gt500 list over the R is pretty similar in length and differences.

Reworked 5.2
New blower
Dct
Bigger brakes
Bigger tire active aero
Highest hp mustang ever
Fastest mustang ever around any road course
Fastest 1/4 mile mustang ever

Lastly msrp on the R is 69k. The cftp is what 92? Thats not 30k

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Probably not as much as you'd expect.

I had one of the first publicly available GT350 TR3160's shipped to my home in October of 2015. In fact, Hameedi mentioned something to Travis as to what it was being used for. George from MGW had ordered it and it was shipped direct to me so that I could construct a stand for it. I have a copy of the receipt somewhere (from Autonation) but if memory serves, the discount from them was about 1/4 of the retail price.

On edit, I found a relevant link.
https://www.svtperformance.com/thre...ransmission-and-company-have-arrived.1090476/

The gt500 list over the R is pretty similar in length and differences.

Reworked 5.2
New blower
Dct
Bigger brakes
Bigger tire active aero
Highest hp mustang ever
Fastest mustang ever around any road course
Fastest 1/4 mile mustang ever

Lastly msrp on the R is 69k. The cftp is what 92? Thats not 30k

Carbon fiber driveshaft
Much more detailed cooling system
Upgraded IRS halfshafts...

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
We need a 2020 GT500 thread counter in the upper right corner of SVTP

Handlebar Moustache

Established Member
You do realize how not cool it is to gay bash on here. We're all here taking the piss out of each other over a car. Grow up.

So what you're saying is "don't troll the troll?"

I'm just recognizing and celebrating you for your unique status. This is 2019; everyone has a right to be who they are. You can go in whichever bathroom you choose, but the rest of us have dicks and have to follow the rules.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Gt500 vs gt350R:

1. Reworked nose
2. Wider front clip
3. 16.5” brakes
4. Reworked suspension
5. New beefier 5.2L
6. 2.65 tvs
7. New cooling systems for multiple areas
8. New rear treatments
9. Dct9007 trans
10. New hood
11. New hubs and spindles
12. Bigger axles
13. Seats

That’s going from the $67k R to the $74k gt500.

The $1500 handling pack does further suspension tuning and chassis updates.

The $18,500 track pack adds carbon aero at the nose and tail, and 20” carbon fiber wheels. The wheels cost probably $12k from carbon revolution wholesale to Ford (a guess)

Gtr’s are doing great with stock trans upgraded bearings, shafts, gear sets, clutches/cooling. Like 1800wtq great. The clutch does the force transfer from there you just need robust case, gears and cooling. Dct is magic unicorn dust (mug like beer) it’s just 2 clutches and some supporting pieces. It opens and upgrades just like any other trans.

T56 is a $4k trans that came in a $32k car and needs about $5-6k of work and clutch/flywheel etc to hold 1000wtq. The dct is 4 times pricier and needs $8k to hold loads of torque.

Users who are viewing this thread