How I Spent My $1000.00 :)

FordFanStan

Established Member
Ant, the name of the place where I got the brake fluid is ApexPerformance or ApexRacing or something like that. It is a German brake fluid I believe, and the gold and blue are exact same even though they have different descriptions, only difference is color. That way when you reflush your system you can see when all the old comes out and your new is in. It has better specs than most of the US fluids, and its fairly cheap... Stan

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Gripstang said:
Not sure Im following ya here Mike. I think you are refering to a different kind of system mine is hardwired so it doesnt use an FM modulator. I never have any reception issues. It does change stations a hair slow for my liking but I just deal... 28 is a great station, another good reason to have Sirius in a childless environment. ;-)
I ment for the starmate in the van not the new unit your putting in the truck

FordFanStan

Established Member
Oh yeah the reason why i told ya not to pay extra fo rthe color coating...

Mine started flaking the moment I mounted them for the first time. And then, if it's a dd, like yours, the brake dust will cover it anywho. I almost took the time to spray the rotors down with some caliper paint and then wipe the smooth rotor surface free of paint leaving only the dimples and slots filled, but after one day of driving the dimples and slots were full of dust, so Im glad I didnt spend my time on that lol... Stan

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Dusten Crutchfield included the mounting kit, removal tools and wiring harness free of charge. Shipping was free too ;-)

Mike I have a Kenwwod in the van too its hardwired not a starmate, thanks for the advice though. :)

Thanks Stan I think Ill pick up that fluid. :) Meh yeah youre probably right about the paint, oh well I forgot about it. No biggie.

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
FordFanStan said:
No biggie, your money loss not mine, haha j/k bro... Stan

No by the sounds of things it was indeed your loss too. Haha :)

Mike no sweat bro I think Chris has a Starmate in his Colorado. I have been tempted to buy one of those style units. If I could mount it really nicelly I might just do that. I LOVE the features, I think it sucks that you can spend so much $$ and not be able to pause and rewind music with a HU or you can do that and throw a box in your cupholder or stick it to your windshield with a suction cup... then you get the features but you inherit a sloppy dash layout/design. One day they will get it right... and the day before that Ill spend a fortune on an inferior product. Waaaaaaaaah! :cryying: Haha FTW Im happy for now. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread