How I Spent My $1000.00 :)

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
I was gonna wait until I had all the parts in and take a 'family' pic but decided to go ahead and show my new gear. Thanks for the advice in my "have 1k need brakes and stereo stuff" thread.

Heres what I got, I think I did well!

h113KDCX790-f_mt.jpeg

MSRP is $350.00

h003FMK550-f.jpeg

h120701771-f.jpeg

h150DINTOOL.jpeg

h607SiRKEN1-f_dg.jpeg

Lightning-black-blu-ill-400.jpg

This pic I TOTALLY stole from Chris Nelson, this is his pic not mine and I didnt get permission to use it. That said, how cool does that look? I cant wait to have it installed in my own truck. :)
kenwood017.jpg

No idea what MSRP is... something like $500.00 or some nutty number... I got a better deal. :)

f150_04_05_lg.jpg

Pic shows 2 but I got all 4 corners. I got them in red because I have had a red caliper kit in my closet for 6 months... Helps to be a member of a bunch of L boards and also helps that Rich from Rotor Pros is such a cool guy! Ill be posting results of this transaction for sure!

hawk_brakes_hps%20(3).jpg

Got Hawk HPS' all the way around.
Lightning Brake and Performance for these.

Well guys for 1k Id say I did pretty good! :) What say you?

Last edited:

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
Nice !!! Join the Revolution!! Do you have satellite yet?

Hell to the yes brotha, Ive had Sirius in the van pretty much since they started. In fact a buddy of mine and I are hard core Sirius nuts, he owns a bunch of stock , 2 accounts and a lifetime membership (I should have done that!) I was in fact just listening to Howard. Been a fan for many years. ;-)

The only thing I wish is that Sirius (since they have a company making nice hardware for them already) would put out a nice HU that had all the badass features of the sportster and the like. Id LOVE to be able to pause rewind ect... but I cant stand the idea of going through an FM channel, gotta be hardwired here...

Im also really considering a Stilletto, how awesome are those?

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
It just never EnDs...Does it!!!:mj: I just bought Kook's LT's and
a cog system$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Now I saw your thread...and want
what you got Grip!!! :-D I'm headed for the "Soup Line" here
pretty soon if I don't slow down:eek: NICE purchase:beer:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Gripstang said:
Im also really considering a Stilletto, how awesome are those?

I need to find out if my Gym has Wi-Fi. (havent been there in awhile). If they do I may have to get a Stilletto. Remember when the S50's were as much as the Stilettos are now?

We listen to it all day @ work. Usually what happens is I need to switch off Howard b/c a customer is in the store and I get used to 'Octane' and that's where it stays. did you hear Richard's 'Echo' Phone call? It had us all rolling.

+1 on the head unit thing. I have a Starmate in the 'Rado, but I'm installing the same unit I quoted before in the Lightning.

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
Looks good mang. Those rotors have too many studs on them though. :poke:

Good luck with the installations!

Haha yeah, Im pretty sure you know its a stock photo Bob. It was the only pic I could find that had em coated red. But hey if they do look like that when they get here Ill just have to pull out the big hammer. ;-) Thats how I got my pulleys on. :shrug:

Chris no I didnt get to hear the echo call. One of the biggest reasons why I wanted Sirius in the truck so bad was because of Howard. Its hard to listen to in the van, usually Im takin the kids somewhere and well that dont fly with kids in the car. In the truck its usually just me or me and the wife, then I can listen all I want. :)

What do you mean the same unit you quoted before? Also what HU is that in the L? It looks kinda like the one Im gettin, how much text is displayed on the screen? And how hard is it to switch to the clock? Basically give me a review if you dont mind. I ask because I have a dmask unit in the van and I love it but switching display text (for sirius) is a pain in the ass and I dont have another clock in there, it drives me nuts! Ill click to the cd source for 5 seconds just long enough for the clock to display and then click back over and over... Not cool.

Coco, sorry bud I hear what your sayin but Id trade ya for those parts you got! Not much sympathy here. :-D

FordFanStan

Established Member
Damn Ant, your back on and I am too at the same time?? Its a miracle lol...

Now you and Chris go wear Stilletos elsewhere, none of us want to see that fruity kind of crap here...

I told you not to pay extra for the color coating on those rotors, but I guess you'll learn one way or another lol...

looks like money well spent in my book. Yesterday i just went and got new speakers and a headunit for my Gen 1. And the subs and amp and stuff in the Gen 2 are going in the Gen 1 now too. Gen 2 no more dd lol... Stan

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Good to see you on too Stan. :) Thats why I was lookin for you on AIM a couple of days ago. Why no color? I was also gonna ask for the link for that brake fluid (again lol).

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Ill be replacing the headunit in my truck this spring too as the one i have now isnt sat ready and the damn thing is like 8 years old.
20,21 and 28 here for most of the night 103 to stay awake on a long night and 198 to really laugh my ass off:-D
Grip if you are still swaping stations like i was try to get a ant bypass thing. Oh modulator is what it is. It plugs inline with the antenna and you dont have to keep switching stations around to keep it in tune. I had to do this cause i am in 3 diff states everynight and i was going crazy trying to keep up with the signal, esp on my way up toward Boston.
And i mean the modulator for the van

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Not sure Im following ya here Mike. I think you are refering to a different kind of system mine is hardwired so it doesnt use an FM modulator. I never have any reception issues. It does change stations a hair slow for my liking but I just deal... 28 is a great station, another good reason to have Sirius in a childless environment. ;-)

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
Nice products you have there...

Question, I have a 2005 model Eclipse head unit, but it is not Sirrus ready. What do you need to purchase make it work? Figures the 2006 Eclipse decks come Sirrus ready...I was pissed.

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
niceeee!! well spend $$ now you can invite me "just to watch you" install everything and i'll buy the beer jaja

Dusten

Established Member
you didnt need to buy those tools, bent coat hangars work just fine. Nice setup though.

Users who are viewing this thread