How I installed IRS exhaust on my SRA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

98fourvalve

Established Member
No problem. I know there is only one. I refer to them as cow balls hence the "those" statement.

Av3ng3d

Established Member
Would like to see a picture further back to get a perspective of what the whole rear looks like. Plan on doing this soon! :D

98fourvalve

Established Member
So guys i bit the bullet and went to the dark side. I broke my 8.8 And purchased an 03 irs this weekend.

redrocket16

Established Member
So guys i bit the bullet and went to the dark side. I broke my 8.8 And purchased an 03 irs this weekend.

It's not the darkside ;-)

Just wait to you experience the benefit of handling that the IRS will give you.

98fourvalve

Established Member
Another thing I recently changed on mine which applies to 97 and down cars using a 98+ Catback, IRS or SRA. I switched my bumper support with a 98 support so that I could use the tip hangers that came with the IRS catback.

Black Stang 97

Established Member
Here is a picture of mine with a solid rear. passenger side pipe has been better alligned:

7-15-20147-38-32PM.jpg

blubyu90

Established Member
IRS exhaust is one of the best looking exhaust on a mustang. Nice job sir! Quick question, do the tailpipes stay pretty solid or do they move around a lot? That's a lot of u-bolt slack in there.

Black Stang 97

Established Member
My tailpipes are actually pretty solid and it takes a good amount of force to actually get them to move. I cant see them bouncing around while driving.

twnt70s

Established Member
I am about to try installing my IRS catback this week. It's a flowmaster system. Has anyone else tried the install like the OP did?

JustinG60

Terminatorless : (
Established Member
this is old and against the rules to have brought it back ...but i like the IRS exhaust, not for the looks though. I like the idea of not having to have the exhaust flow up and over the axle. that can't be ideal for performance. that's why i have been considering redoing the side exit exhaust that's on my car. can't be any lower than this setup...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread