How Great is Our God?

red97svt

Established Member
I will always respect everyones beliefs and religion; no matter if it is worshiping the Devil himself. Will I agree with that person; no.

the point i was attempting to make is: why can't that individual (i forget who originally had the quote in their sig) admire abraham lincoln and his brilliance despite the fact he disagrees with his religious beliefs. you faulted him for not knowing abe's beliefs and still quoting him yet that individual may have known full well that abe was a god fearing man and still find a great deal of validity in his wise words.

Duran

Matador
Established Member
the point i was attempting to make is: why can't that individual (i forget who originally had the quote in their sig) admire abraham lincoln and his brilliance despite the fact he disagrees with his religious beliefs. you faulted him for not knowing abe's beliefs and still quoting him yet that individual may have known full well that abe was a god fearing man and still find a great deal of validity in his wise words.

It was me who quoted him. If I was to quote someone that I believe and admire, like God. Will I or you I ask, write his very words on this thread and then go and sin?

I understand what you are saying about him admiring a man who doesnt agree in his religous beliefs. But if you admire someone, why not be like him?
I am sure the reasons you will admire someone will be because you agree with his way of life.

It just seems hypocritical to me. But if you thats what you choose to do. Do it.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
But no genetic mutations.

Bacteria living in our body is part of our genetics that allow them to live there. They help kill infections and live with our body.
They are still a separate species with a separate genetic code.

All that, and all you do is admit you haven't posted anything that proves anything, then criticize me for saying that in the first place?
And based on your posts I have more knowledge of biology then you.

Prove it. If you would show any evidence to support the extraordinary claims you're making you would have some credibility, but I have yet to see you do this. Wurd2 and LaFlavor have both been posting detailed explanations to support their side of the argument and most of your "rebuttals" have been no longer than a few sentences. They have no substance and it seems like you've just been completely ignoring their posts.

I really want to see someone from the other side make a good case against evolution. It would make this thread a lot more interesting. Anyone with a reading comprehension level higher than that of a 5th grader could see that this debate is pretty one-sided.

:dancenana:

red97svt

Established Member
It was me who quoted him. If I was to quote someone that I believe and admire, like God. Will I or you I ask, write his very words on this thread and then go and sin?

I understand what you are saying about him admiring a man who doesnt agree in his religous beliefs. But if you admire someone, why not be like him?
I am sure the reasons you will admire someone will be because you agree with his way of life.

It just seems hypocritical to me. But if you thats what you choose to do. Do it.

you are assuming that to admire somebody is to admire everything about them. that is simply not accurate in the slightest. for example: i might very well admire that oprah gives millions of dollars to charity and tries to help all the children in africa. does this mean that i must also admire that fact that she has a tendency to vilify men and act in a self righteous off putting manner. i might admire the genius of a nuclear physicist on the brink of an amazing discovery but must i also admire the fact that he goes home every night and engages in homosexual acts. (i am not commenting negatively on homosexuality, i was originally going to say goes home and beats his wife, but figured homosexual acts are more easily associated with less than admirable traits among religious folks)
this would all be assuming that the guy that originally quoted abe lincoln even admired him, he may very well have just found wisdom in that particular phrase, or do you have to agree with every aspect of a persons belief's/life to find anything they say worthwhile?

Last edited:

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
DSGTerminator said:
Have us humans changed to something new recently?...I just dont see it true if we are not still "evolutionizing" to newer and maybe better.

It depends upon what you mean by recent. I'd say the latest change that is outwardly visible would be the advent of different races within our species. Because major evolutionary changes occur over ENORMOUS timescales, very recent changes in our genome are minor. Here are a few examples:
  • Lactose tolerance
  • Sickle-cell resistance to malaria
  • Tay-sachs resistance to tuberculosis
I'd say these changes have made our species "newer" and "better".

DSGTerminator said:
Cool dog.

I am glad someone noticed!

:)

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
I understand the way you feel Steeda. I asked God that question before; why my son? I found most of my answers in the bible. Although there is alot of questions that he has not answered. But I know and find peace that God runs the show. I know this is test of faith and a real hard one for me or anyone. God knows why he does things the way he does. To us, humans, we cant understand all of his workings. But I can tell you one thing. All that has happened so far has had a ripple effect father than my eyes can see.

What would I think if God took my son away?

I have gotten messages from God that my son Marc sits on the lap on Jesus... Ill have to share a photo with you that was sent to me from a friend via email that is just one of the many ways God speaks to me. What has happened to my son is here now, there is nothing I can do about but react the right way. Which is being strong, not losing faith, and not cursing the one that has given me the air I breath.

Even if he decided to take my son from me, I know it is on his hand. My sons suffering here on Earth will be short compared to the ETERNAL LIFE he will be living in heaven forever and ever amen(which is promised in the Bible).

Some people are blessed with money, cars, etc etc. But are they happy? Does Cars, money, women, sin lead us to find out the true meaning of life? At the end we are all dieing my friend. We are just passing through. We will not be barried in the Ground with all of our riches. We will all face the Lord. Some sooner than others. Are you ready?

Just by reading your post, I can tell you have great faith, your like a living testament to people in here. I pray one day that your son will be healed, we just don't know the time, but when it happens it will be awesome. I know its hard for people to see why can't God heal all, but everyone has a different plan in life. What your son has is a temporary curse, but that will be lifted, just keep praying and believing!

Exodus 23:25
And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.

red97svt

Established Member
wurd, i commend your patience and your technique. i am sure you are familiar with the writings of plato on his favorite subject: the many great debates of socrates. i must say that throughout this thread and others you have been very socratic, in the process reawakening my inner debater that existed much more prominently throughout my undergraduate years. for that i would like to thank you, but at the same time i would like to say goddammit wurd, why'd you have to go and do that. kudos to you on your style. :coolman:

Duran

Matador
Established Member
you are assuming that to admire somebody is to admire everything about them. that is simply not accurate in the slightest. for example: i might very well admire that oprah gives millions of dollars to charity and tries to help all the children in africa. does this mean that i must also admire that fact that she has a tendency to vilify men and act in a self righteous off putting manner. i might admire the genius of a nuclear physicist on the brink of an amazing discovery but must i also admire the fact that he goes home every night and engages in homosexual acts. (i am not commenting negatively on homosexuality, i was originally going to say goes home and beats his wife, but figured homosexual acts are more easily associated with less than admirable traits among religious folks)
this would all be assuming that the guy that originally quoted abe lincoln even admired him, he may very well have just found wisdom in that particular phrase, or do you have to agree with every aspect of a persons belief's/life to find anything they say worthwhile?

The Bible says to always have a open ear to couseling from others and to listen. Of course as a believer you will know if the words they say are out of Gods will when you here them. Which will then let you know to let it go in and stay in or go in one ear and out the next. God is the one, and only one we can admire and be like in all ways( 100%). He is perfect. We are human.

Admire a mans workings and be like him. Donate to charity, admire the genius and be like him in the good ways. Not the bad. Bad being outside of Gods will, aka sin.

Duran

Matador
Established Member
Just by reading your post, I can tell you have great faith, your like a living testament to people in here. I pray one day that your son will be healed, we just don't know the time, but when it happens it will be awesome. I know its hard for people to see why can't God heal all, but everyone has a different plan in life. What your son has is a temporary curse, but that will be lifted, just keep praying and believing!

Exodus 23:25
And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.

Thank you for your words. They give me strength!

I want to tell you about the good side of the story about my son which I give Glory to God for.

Marc my son who has leukemia. He has been going to through chemo and other treatments. 25% of all leukemia patients find a perfect match for bone marrow transplant(cure). Marc is my third child. His brother Haden(2nd), has been given the honor to save his brothers life by being blessed to be a perfect match! I have been praying for help and God gave me that in my own family. Bone marrow transplant treatment begins in Sept. We still have alot to go through but I know he will be OK!

Last edited:

Duran

Matador
Established Member
It depends upon what you mean by recent. I'd say the latest change that is outwardly visible would be the advent of different races within our species. Because major evolutionary changes occur over ENORMOUS timescales, very recent changes in our genome are minor. Here are a few examples:
  • Lactose tolerance
  • Sickle-cell resistance to malaria
  • Tay-sachs resistance to tuberculosis
I'd say these changes have made our species "newer" and "better".

I am glad someone noticed!

You sound like a chemist/scientist(smart). Let me tell you something that I am sure you would enjoy(as in the chemistry/science of it). My son Marc also has a philadelhia gene(ph gene) with ALL(leukemia) where gene 9 and 22 swithched places making a mutant gene in his white blood cells. This genes has the power to multilply at a super fast abnormal rate filling up his bone marrow with mutant cells which is where the problem is.

The Doctors have no way of explaining how my son has this Gene and at 10months old (when he was diagnosed). My son Marc is Texas Childrens youngest case with positive ph gene.

Marcs Birthday is on 9-25. Means he was made on Christ is birthday also. Coincidence; I think not. He was Gods gift to me on Christmas.;-)

catsvenom97

Great sermon. God truly is great. I am a believer,but this puts alot in perspective. Everyone needs Jesus Christ, but we all had to chose to accept him. It's nice to sit around and watch vids of burnouts and exhaust clips. But this is The Gospel that the world needs. Don't be offended for those who criticize. Just thank the Lord, b/c alot of people in the bible did the same thing to him. We heard the gospel one day, just as millions of other people will hear this word. This is the great commission. I am encouraged, and I thank you. God bless you.

kuruma

Established Member
I think this may be where our opinions differ. If i see someone teetering on the edge of a cliff, and I have the ability to save them, but don't, I consider myself responsible for that person's death, even if I'm not the one who put them on the cliff in the first place.

In the story of Job, even if Satan did do everything, God had the ability to prevent it, and didn't. God is still responsible. He screwed Job over royally, not to mention the innocent family members and servants. The difference is that god is the one who put Job on the cliff in the first place. He created Satan, he set the events in motion. It's completely his fault that Job got screwed.

So, it's OK to slaughter a person's family just to prove a point to your former disciple as long as you reward him at the end?

:lol:

No, that's not going to do it, sorry.

So, God created Jesus too, and he gave his life for us.

Satan had free will like Adam did, they chose to disobey God and life as it is now is the result.

In effect, Satan said that God didn't have the right to rule his creation. So what became one of the problems? Well, all of God's other angels were watching, a third of them said, hey maybe Satan is right and they left god.
rev 12:3 3*And another sign was seen in heaven, and, look! a great fiery-colored dragon, with seven heads and ten horns and upon its heads seven diadems; 4*and its tail drags a third of the stars of heaven, and it hurled them down to the earth

So now there is an audience; who should they believe?
job 1:6*Now it came to be the day when the sons of the [true] God entered to take their station before Jehovah, and even Satan proceeded to enter right among them.

God is letting Satan do his thing, and we can all see its an utter failure. It's been proven we cannot live without God. So God sent Jesus down as a ransom to redeem mankind.

1 tim 2:5*For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, 6*who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all

He will also resurrect those that died.
acts 24:15 and I have hope toward God, which hope these [men] themselves also entertain, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.

And the results for faithful mankind will be:

rev 21:3,4
3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. 4*And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
red97svt said:
wurd, i commend your patience and your technique...

Thanks for the comments red97svt.

DSGTerminator said:
Let me tell you something that I am sure you would enjoy(as in the chemistry/science of it). My son Marc also has a philadelhia gene(ph gene) with ALL(leukemia) where gene 9 and 22 swithched places making a mutant gene in his white blood cells. This genes has the power to multilply at a super fast abnormal rate filling up his bone marrow with mutant cells which is where the problem is...The Doctors have no way of explaining how my son has this Gene and at 10months old (when he was diagnosed). My son Marc is Texas Childrens youngest case with positive ph gene.

This is interesting, but I am not sure I enjoyed reading that your son is faced with a genetic illness.

DSGTerminator said:
He was Gods gift to me on Christmas.

Okay, but I am a bit perplexed that a gift directly from Him would include a genetic disorder.

:beer:

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
VenomGTX said:
If [burnzilla] would show any evidence to support the extraordinary claims [he's] making [he] would have some credibility, but I have yet to see [him] do this. Wurd2 and LaFlavor have both been posting detailed explanations to support their side of the argument and most of [burnzilla's] "rebuttals" have been no longer than a few sentences. They have no substance and it seems like [burnzilla's] just been completely ignoring their posts.

He'll ignore this too, haha.

VenomGTX said:
Anyone with a reading comprehension level higher than that of a 5th grader could see that this debate is pretty one-sided.

This is probably because there is no REAL debate between evolution and creationism.

:rockon:

rev440

young punk
Established Member
Wurd, its true that Science cant even explain things about the world and the earth is it not? As you said it is not entirely out of the question that there is a god.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
rev440 said:
Wurd, its true that Science cant even explain things about the world and the earth is it not?

As long as scientists are still employed, you will know that science has yet to explain everything. But keep in mind that we have come a VERY long way with our understanding of nature.

rev440 said:
As you said it is not entirely out of the question that there is a god.

Yes, the probability of the existence of a personal God is greater than zero.

Users who are viewing this thread