How far would you drive to save $$$$$?

spectreman

Established Member
I took a risk & flew from SE FL to Dallas, TX to get my GT500 but it was worth it. The car was like new, as advertised. I couldn't find anything even remotely close for the price/condition that my car was in.
Lee

Stangdriver13

Established Member
I flew to Birmingham AL from Chicago to buy my Shelby. Maybe saved a couple grand but more importantly I got the exact car I was looking for. Ended up doubling the mileage on the car just driving it home lol.

Machdup1

Established Member
Cost of the item locally > Cost of item-Travel Cost-(Time in Hours * $100.00) to justify travel. Time is a scarce commodity for me, so it gets factored into the decision as a cost.

Normally I would just pay for something to be shipped and pay someone to inspect it before I buy it.

GM Nitemare

Established Member
I'm Canadian. So, when our $$$ was actually worth something against the U.S. $$$. My son and I flew from Edmonton, Alberta to Chicago to pick him up an 05 S2000. he saved a ton of money, and we had an awesome trip back to Alberta.

KingJacobo

GM Fanboy Gone Darkside
Established Member
I drove 2 hrs (at 11pm in college on a weeknight) to get my trans am because it was exactly what I wanted at a price I could actually afford.

I drove 9 hrs ea way in one day, no hotel to get my 09 V star 950 motorcycle from Atlanta to south of Orlando, also because it was exactly what I wanted and I was working with a strict budget. Paid $3700, was worth 1-1.5k more.

I'm "young" and don't make enough money to justify that kind of money, so I spend reasonable time when possible.

Users who are viewing this thread