How Far Will You Go?

Chunky04

Lil Bad Boy
Established Member
Well guys... I havent taken my car out for about 2 weeks...I have just been way to busy...So this weekend I really want to either hit the track or hit the saturday night strip..The drag radials are looking pretty weak..So my buddy has a set of 15's with some slicks that he will let me use for the weekend...So im all about it...But I keep reading that 15's wont fit...

So im thinking about taking off the rear calipers for the weekend?!?!? Does this sound like a smart thing to do? I trailer the car everywhere I go...So I would only break it off the trailer if there was a race worth running...

What do you guys think? Im willing to do just about anything to run those slicks this weekend... Any ideas? What do you guys think?

SVT04

Established Member
You must be on drugs ....a car with no rear brakes is not safe ...even on a race track...most reputable tracks would not allow it ....

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Why don't you just grind the brakes down some? A bunch of people here have done it and they run 15's no problem.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Chunky04 said:
So im thinking about taking off the rear calipers for the weekend?!?!? Does this sound like a smart thing to do? I trailer the car everywhere I go...So I would only break it off the trailer if there was a race worth running...

What do you guys think? Im willing to do just about anything to run those slicks this weekend... Any ideas? What do you guys think?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

vipergts281

Established Member
What the....are you serious? You are considering running with no rear brakes?

I had to read over the original post a second time since I didn't believe what I read the first time.

:eek:

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What??? Sorry, but I can't believe you would even consider racing with no rear brakes. That is absolute lunacy -- an accident waiting to happen. Is the cost of a new car worth the risk? Please, do it right. There are other options.

Chunky04

Lil Bad Boy
Established Member
Calm down guys...Im not really gonna do it..I was just seeing what you guys would say...Thats why the title says "how far would you go"... Cuz im really just curious how far some of you would go if you were in my shoes...Thanks for the input guys :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

P.S. Im really not gonna do it...It was a nice thought though :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread