How easy is it gonna be to get 450RWHP from a 2003?

fangstang

Established Member
Do you guys think its gonna be that easy? What I really would like to have is 500RWHP!

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by fangstang
Do you guys think its gonna be that easy? What I really would like to have is 500RWHP!

seems it will be quite easy, since they dynoed one at PHP and got 360 to the rear wheels.....pulleys here, exhaust mod there, chip.......yea I'd say you could do it for a couple grand....

fangstang

Established Member
What do you think we'll get with one of the lightning pulleys on it? Any lightning guys that have a different pulley on their L please let me know. I'm dying to know so I can have a good idea as what to do to get the most bang for the buck regardless of warrenty. I already have my 4.10's sitting under my bed, along with my T-56 tri-ax. Hopefully my BBK O-R X-pipe will fit, I'll know the first couple of days I have it.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by fangstang
What do you think we'll get with one of the lightning pulleys on it? Any lightning guys that have a different pulley on their L please let me know. I'm dying to know so I can have a good idea as what to do to get the most bang for the buck regardless of warrenty. I already have my 4.10's sitting under my bed, along with my T-56 tri-ax. Hopefully my BBK O-R X-pipe will fit, I'll know the first couple of days I have it.

also, after reading the comparo in MM&FF of the M112 and the autorotor 1500, all i gotta say is DAMN you can make a lot more power with the supercharger swap.

1qwkpny

Established Member
hp

well according to php the cobras those svt boys showed up with that they dynoed recently pulled 404 rwhp and 406rwhp just by disconnecting the entire exhaust system from the header/manifold back. The reason for this test started off b/c they wanted to know exactly how much they were loosing in terms of rwhp b/c of the more restrictive exhaust (which is used b/c ford needed to make the cobra quieter b/c of the additional s/c noise). Therefore, I would say there is a shit load of hp/torque waiting to be unleashed by adding on an aftermarket exhaust.

Rob03

Established Member
I don't think the Lightning pulley is going to work. Even though the info says the S/C has it's own belt, it doesn't. Look at the pic of the engine and you will see. The L pulley just won't fit. I'm sure someone will come up with one just for the 03 though so don't dispair......

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by Rob03
I don't think the Lightning pulley is going to work. Even though the info says the S/C has it's own belt, it doesn't. Look at the pic of the engine and you will see. The L pulley just won't fit. I'm sure someone will come up with one just for the 03 though so don't dispair......

i thought that pic of the engine was incorrect though.....

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by quick01snake

i thought that pic of the engine was incorrect though.....
Yeah, we've already been through that. The production engine will have two belts...unless someone who has seen one of the autoshow or pre-production units and can refute that...

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by Blue98Cobra
Yeah, we've already been through that. The production engine will have two belts...unless someone who has seen one of the autoshow or pre-production units and can refute that...

Jimbo to the rescue!! LOL

1qwkpny

Established Member
belts

From what I could see it was just one big belt and it's true that ford really doesnt want enthusiast to be simply changing the pulley for more boost, blowing it up, and then putting the factory pulley back on and try to make a warranty claim, Ford also claims that the use of the cast iron block is because it's stronger than the aluminum ones?? Well lets just say it's cheaper to cast iron than aluminum,which doesn't (in my mind anyways) take away anything from the cobra itself(save for the extra weight). If you really want to go faster then just change the damn rearend gears, exhaust, and get a good cai. If you have the money then upgrade the fuel system and then install one of the Autorotor S/C's(they are way more efficient).

Users who are viewing this thread