How durable are RR pulleys?

chipmonk

Established Member
i purchased a RR 2.5 whipple pulley from another member on here and on the dyno it blew into a million pieces. the belt was not too tight and it was installed correctly. Do they have a reputation of being weak?

97snakebite

Established Member
I had a procharger 1 and not was awesome! If it was over tightened u coulda cracked one of the holes and under pressure it just went

Sent from my iPhone

chipmonk

Established Member
I had a procharger 1 and not was awesome! If it was over tightened u coulda cracked one of the holes and under pressure it just went

Sent from my iPhone

it didnt really split anywhere near the screws, the front plate stating the size came off as one piece and the backing plate that bolts it to the blower stayed on the blower as one piece and the middle just shattered.

Stanger00

Established Member
That is a billet piece of aluminum. That thing had to of been damaged prior to install. It probably needed more then just a visual inspection. There could of been cracks that only a liquid penetration would bring out. I've been running a 3.1 RR pulley since 2005 and over 33k miles.

mtrsprt

Established Member
It's just too small, belt shredding, slipping, breaking etc. I wouldn't go smaller than 2.8" on ANY compressor pulley.

mtrsprt

Established Member
Good luck with that.. His business organization is partnered with Mickey Mouse Inc....

Kind of a Joke really. When he desides he has enough people asking for stuff, he will decide to make a small run of it in his shop. Until then, you pound sand hopelessly waiting to find one used from someone else.......

bizzmeister

Captain America
Established Member
Good luck with that.. His business organization is partnered with Mickey Mouse Inc....

Kind of a Joke really. When he desides he has enough people asking for stuff, he will decide to make a small run of it in his shop. Until then, you pound sand hopelessly waiting to find one used from someone else.......

Wow seriously, pathetic. I cant believe this shit. Here I am looking for a racing non slip pulley for my KB and I cant find shit. I had heard good things about them but WTF ?

chipmonk

Established Member
It's just too small, belt shredding, slipping, breaking etc. I wouldn't go smaller than 2.8" on ANY compressor pulley.

i did not have any of those issues until the pulley broke. Then again it only lasted like 5 pulls on the dyno.

oldmodman

Established Member
I've been running a 3.0 RR on a Whipple since 2006 and it still works and looks like new.
And so are the idlers that I have from RR.

bizzmeister

Captain America
Established Member
call lethal perf...they carry all of rr's products...

Oh trust me I know, even Matt over there couldnt get a hold of anyone. They didnt even get back to him for me, you think they'd return my call? You dont think its effin insane that someone who wants to buy their product can not get a hold of anyone or get a call back after leaving messages?

Horse shit if you ask me.

chipmonk

Established Member
Oh trust me I know, even Matt over there couldnt get a hold of anyone. They didnt even get back to him for me, you think they'd return my call? You dont think its effin insane that someone who wants to buy their product can not get a hold of anyone or get a call back after leaving messages?

Horse shit if you ask me.

I have called them 3 times with no answer and the messages are full, great company!

harvboi05

Established Member
i scrambled to get a hold of RR for about two weeks. only lethal was able to get a hold of them, and the item i was hoping to purchase had no production date in sight. just scrounge through the forums. i called RR directly probly 8 times over that time period, left two messages. still havnt gotten a call back.

on an up note, im running a 2.9" 6 rib pulley with no slip tho! their shit works.

Users who are viewing this thread