How does a pulley puller work

Nasty500

Banned
What am I missing here? I don't get how the pulley puller works. I've got vmp's remover and I don't see how turning the nut makes the pulley come off. I'm up against the metal plate and it won't move but it shouldn't because the metal plate is stopping it.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Do you have the large bearing, nut and clam shell? Did you buy it new or used, you might be missing parts cause mine's cake to use and with all the parts, it's pretty self explanatory. It also came with really good directions.

Last edited:

Crushinator

Established Member
Did you put the clamp on the pulley or behind it? I see a some guys putting it behind the pulley and it doesn't work that way. Post a picture of how you have it set up on the pulley so we can see what you're doing wrong.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
My bet is he doesn't have enough space between the pulley nose and the torque bar (for lack of a better name). If you tighten the side bolts that hold the torque bar to the clam shell too much, the pulley will get stuck up against the bar and won't be able to move any further.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
If you bought it new, instructions are behind the foam in the lid. If it's used or borrowed, use the online link above. Just a side note ; do it when the blower is warm.

TORQJNKY

Just a side note ; do it when the blower is warm.

Also run a correct size tap through the blower snout to clean up the threads before you install your new pulley. I'm glad I did because I sheared the stud off in the blower snout but because I cleaned up the snout threads, I was able to take the sheared bolt out with my fingers vice have to drill it or use and easy out.

Nasty500

Banned
I took it all the way off and put it back on. I really just couldn't get it to pop but finally got it off after hulking on it lol

Users who are viewing this thread