• Bad

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 159 65.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VictorySong

Established Member
Just curious about SVT's opinion on people who don't drink alcoholic beverages. Good, bad, indifferent?

:beer:

TorchMach

Established Member
I drank A LOT from 16-22 and these last two years (24 now) I only enjoy a beer or two socially, more then that I have no interest in.

Maybe its a phase I'm going through or just care about my health to much idk.

Mxfrench

Established Member
I used to drink a bunch I have not drank in 6 years. I went to a party and was sober and saw all the idiots and was like wow I bet I am like that and stopped.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I find my myself drinking too much when I do drink nowadays and I turn into a real shithead.. I've decided to stop for a while, or drastically cut back. I never thought bad about those who don't drink, unless they looked down on my for drinking.

f2hatch

Established Member
I don't drink at all. Simply cause I don't like the taste of alcohol.

NastyNate420

Established Member
Im a smoker not a drinker....I I havent had a drink in almost 2 years.
I wouldnt call myself a non drinker....but those NON Smokers are weirdos! ;-)

Rare40th

Established Member
I don't drink and honestly don't care to. Any alcohol has no good taste to me but I still hang out with friends who socially drink. Just turned 21 and haven't used my license for anything but to look cool.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
nothing beats a good bbq and drinks on a weekend, just to go burn it off during the week.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Nothing odd about them. We all have reasons for why we do or do not partake in certain libations. Not my place to judge as long as they do not judge me.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I never have had and never will drink any alcohol. I have nothing against it and people that do drink, I just have never had any interest in trying it.

Edit - I guess I should clarify. When I was around 6 years old, we had a superbowl party at our house. I asked my dad where his drink was and he pointed to the counter with like, 4 other cups. I grabbed the first one, took a sip and spit it all out. That was the only time in my life I had tasted alcohol and the last time as well.

Last edited:

Blown 89

Established Member
When you're the one who moderates you quickly realize how pathetic people who are 30+ and continue to get drunk are.

VictorySong

Established Member
I never have had and never will drink any alcohol. I have nothing against it and people that do drink, I just have never had any interest in trying it.

Edit - I guess I should clarify. When I was around 6 years old, we had a superbowl party at our house. I asked my dad where his drink was and he pointed to the counter with like, 4 other cups. I grabbed the first one, took a sip and spit it all out. That was the only time in my life I had tasted alcohol and the last time as well.

Interesting, I also had a similar experience and don't drink either.

I wish the people who voted that they had a bad opinion of non-drinkers would comment. I always love threads like this since SVT is a pretty good cross section of the opinions of people living in (mostly) the USA.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I'm a social drinker. And I keep it to jack Daniels and captain Morgan when I do. I drank beer in high school, but now I don't really like the taste of it. I someone doesn't want to drink alcoholic beverages, it wouldn't change how I thought of them.

Last edited:

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
I've mastered the art of catching a buzz and keeping it there. I know how to have fun without alcohol, but why start a fire with 2 sticks when the lighter's been invented?

I don't trust people that don't drink. EVERYONE has a bad habit, I like it to be visible.

slidai

Established Member
As long as someone doesn't look at you funny because you drink and they don't, I'm ok with non drinkers.

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
Party Poopers. My wife is one of them.

Oh yeah, having a vodka and cranberry now while the grill heats up.

Last edited:

FiveSpeed

Established Member
Another social drinker here. I've always hated the taste of beer so I stick to morgan/cokes or vodka/redbulls. Even though I like both mixed drinks neither of them are ever something I just gotta have. If everyone one else is drinking I'll get one. I fit right in with people that choose not to drink as I firmly believe you can have just as great of a time without the need of booze although I will admit that holding a buzz is pretty damn fun.

Users who are viewing this thread