How do you pass smog?

02blownGT

Established Member
Has anyone heard about CA going to the plug in test only for the newer cars?

99 and up last i heard should be implemented around august.Was supposed to be last august but pushed it back for more testing.Just gonna plug into the service port(OBDII or CAN) and basically check for codes.

Mad_Marc

Procharged!
Established Member
99 and up last i heard should be implemented around august.Was supposed to be last august but pushed it back for more testing.Just gonna plug into the service port(OBDII or CAN) and basically check for codes.

I have a friend who owns/runs a smog shop... i also heard this as well.. However he did mention a different year.. He said 00-present..

regardless that would be much better :banana:

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
My Cobra sits low enough that the tech usually doesn't crawl under to see if there are CATs or not. Runs very clean so no red flags.

01yellercobra

Established Member

That's actually good news. Except my car is due in July. But I just have to put the EGR back on to get rid of tje drive cycle code.

karpeltunnel10

Established Member
Can someone in the San Diego area please PM me about where they can get techs to turn their heads.. I don't know how else to word it without being so conspicuous. Thanks in advance.

SCCA SM

Established Member
Register my cars in Az and Wa where smog isnt an issue.

LOL

why on earth would you ever register a car in AZ? the only reason i can think of is that you want mods that are legal in az (longtubes) but not in cali... on the other hand we all love to go catless. once you go off road try getting a smog tech in AZ to pass you. the smog check in AZ is like the smog ref in california.

on the other hand, california makes it a lot easier to pay someone for a thorough highly expensive VIP smog :coolman:

01yellercobra

Established Member
LOL

why on earth would you ever register a car in AZ? the only reason i can think of is that you want mods that are legal in az (longtubes) but not in cali... on the other hand we all love to go catless. once you go off road try getting a smog tech in AZ to pass you. the smog check in AZ is like the smog ref in california.

on the other hand, california makes it a lot easier to pay someone for a thorough highly expensive VIP smog :coolman:

Depends on the part of Az you're in just like Ca. I have family in Az and they've offered to let me use their address. Where they live has no smog checks at all.

Users who are viewing this thread