How do YOU lay down a long pair of rubber stripes?

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Just curious what's your technique for laying a pair of long black stripes on the road?
Are you popping the clutch, or just gassing it from a slow roll?
Do you keep feathering the throttle so it's not bouncing off the rev limiter, or do you just hold it WOT?
Are you up-shifting at all?
Are you starting in second gear?
Please share your tips for best way of SAFELY striping the tarmac!
Thanks

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Is this even a real thread? Watch this for tips.

Yes, it's a 'real' thread and I want to hear how folks are SAFELY having fun with their cars. I understand and agree with your point about the idiots in video, which is why I included the word "SAFELY" in my original post.

And I would think this topic should be taken VERY seriously by everyone driving around over-powered cars.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member

I am assuming you mean something similar to this, minus the crash.
Basically dump the clutch and immediately step on the brake. The tires should be spinning so the car shouldn't have much forward momentum at first. Stay on the gas to keep the wheels spinning. Slowly release pressure off the brake to allow the car to move forward. The more pressure you let off of the brake, the faster you go. The faster you go with rear tires spinning the more likely you are to crash. So gently ease off the brake to allow the car to slowly move forward, but keep enough brake pressure to not let the car go too fast. You will get the feel of it to control the speed.
This what you're wanting to know?
I have never done this with either of my Cobras. I was a teenager and early twenty something once.

DropSVT

Established Member
Lol just dump that clutch, yank the wheel and bounce it off the revlimiter that should do it safely.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes, it's a 'real' thread and I want to hear how folks are SAFELY having fun with their cars. I understand and agree with your point about the idiots in video, which is why I included the word "SAFELY" in my original post.

And I would think this topic should be taken VERY seriously by everyone driving around over-powered cars.

If this is a real thread, it's a stupid thread.

If you're having to ask how to do a burnout, you're either 16 years old...or you don't need to be doing one.

sutyak

it's soo-tack
Established Member
The faster the tires are spinning, the less control you have of the vehicle, and the more likely you are going to start going sideways and become a meme.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
dont-become-a-meme.jpg

Fabian_sn95

Established Member
Just dump the clutch, hold the brake, enough to where the car slowly moves forward, then let go of the brake an at the same time throw it in 2nd an floor it an then brake again. Lol it's fun. Ive only done it once in my Cobra, an it was to roast the rest of my tires an then slap on new ones lol I have the video on my IG

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
If this is a real thread, it's a stupid thread.

If you're having to ask how to do a burnout, you're either 16 years old...or you don't need to be doing one.

I TOTALLY don't get your negative comments. If you don't like this thread, then stay out, jeez. And besides, if this thread is so "stupid", then why are so many people wrecking their cars, as evidenced by the limitless videos of such behavior??? We NEED to be talking about this stuff. If folks got themselves a little bit more educated on handling excess hundreds of hp, then there would be less wrecks.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I TOTALLY don't get your negative comments. If you don't like this thread, then stay the F out, jeez. And besides, if this thread is so "stupid", then why are so many people wrecking their cars, as evidenced by the limitless videos of such behavior??? We NEED to be talking about this stuff. If folks got themselves a little bit more educated on handling excess hundreds of hp, then there would be less wrecks.

Totally dude, totally.

You must have missed my comment... I said if you need help learning to do a burnout you're either 16, or you don't need to be doing one.

All the people in those videos fall into one of those categories as well.

Pull your panties out of your ass, and loosen up.

Mojo-Ive-Got-Your-Mojo.jpg

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Totally dude, totally.

You must have missed my comment... I said if you need help learning to do a burnout you're either 16, or you don't need to be doing one.

All the people in those videos fall into one of those categories as well.

Pull your panties out of your ass, and loosen up.

Mojo-Ive-Got-Your-Mojo.jpg

Totally, dude, thanks for popping in and trolling my thread. Much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread