How do you Guys Like your Raptors?

SuperMarioSVT

Kiss of Death
Established Member
I'm thinking of selling my Honda Ridgeline in the future for a Raptor, and I want to know how you guys like them.

- Are you happy with it?
- Any problems or issues?
- Are they comfortable to drive
- How loud are the tires? (tire noise)
- What's the gas mileage like?
- Anything else you would like to add?

Thanks, Mario.

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
Love it!
No issues yet after 27k miles
The ride is firm but very comfortable
The Toyo MT tires I puts on at 800 miles are kind of loud but they don't bother me. The stock BFGs were much quieter.
I'm getting 12.4 mpg with the performance tune, heavier tires, and an even heavier foot. Expect around 12.5 - 13.5

It's just an awesome truck all around. It's a joy to drive, it's highly capable, and it turns a lot of heads. You should take one for a test drive if you're concerned about tire noise and ride however. What's acceptable to me may not be acceptable to you.

Last edited:

SuperMarioSVT

Kiss of Death
Established Member
Love it!
No issues yet after 27k miles
The ride is firm but very comfortable
The Toyo MT tires I puts on at 800 miles are kind of loud but they don't bother me. The stock BFGs were much quieter.
I'm getting 12.4 mpg with the performance tune, heavier tires, and an even heavier foot. Expect around 12.5 - 13.5

It's just an awesome truck all around. It's a joy to drive, it's highly capable, and it turns a lot of heads. You should take one for a test drive if you're concerned about tire noise and ride however. What's acceptable to me may not be acceptable to you.

Sweet. Thanks for the info. I will definitely be test driving one for sure.

98slowbra

Established Member
- Are you happy with it? I really enjoy it very much
- Any problems or issues? I have 5700 miles on my 2013 quad cab and no issues as of yet
- Are they comfortable to drive? This is the 1st every pickup I have ever owned and I like to drive it.
- How loud are the tires? (tire noise) I have factory tires on it so I do not hear them at all
- What's the gas mileage like? I get 13mpg in mine

I traded off my 98 chrome yellow cobra and my 2007 envoy denali for mine and I am not looking back, I am very happy with mine. Mine is fully loaded also.
2013 blue flame quad cab.
_MG_7250_1.jpg

_MG_7239_1.gif

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Love the truck, no issues, stock tires so no noticeable noise, comfortable to drive and in the rare occasion I get in some good highway miles, I can get to 16 mpg, but generally about 13 with a 93 octane tune. GET ONE!

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I love mine so much Im buying another one.
Comfort and features are first class.
you can't go wrong with it!

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
- Any problems or issues? I have 5700 miles on my 2013 quad cab and no issues as of yet
- Are they comfortable to drive? This is the 1st every pickup I have ever owned and I like to drive it.
- How loud are the tires? (tire noise) I have factory tires on it so I do not hear them at all

I traded off my 98 chrome yellow cobra and my 2007 envoy denali for mine and I am not looking back, I am very happy with mine. Mine is fully loaded also.
_MG_7250_1.jpg

_MG_7239_1.gif

Love the truck, no issues, stock tires so no noticeable noise, comfortable to drive and in the rare occasion I get in some good highway miles, I can get to 16 mpg, but generally about 13 with a 93 octane tune. GET ONE!

Op, join the raptor forums and you can learn so much. I know both of the guys I quoted here on them. I'm sort of in the same boat as you. I am selling my Shelby and replacing it with a new supercrew Raptor.

SuperMarioSVT

Kiss of Death
Established Member

_MG_7250_1.jpg

_MG_7239_1.gif

Truck looks awesome! Thanks for the info.

I think this truck gets the same mileage as my Ridgeline lol. might be a little worse, but not by much. Definitely gonna get one in a couple months.

I love mine so much Im buying another one.
Comfort and features are first class.
you can't go wrong with it!

That's good to hear lol

Op, join the raptor forums and you can learn so much. I know both of the guys I quoted here on them. I'm sort of in the same boat as you. I am selling my Shelby and replacing it with a new supercrew Raptor.

Selling the Shelby!? But it's so sick! I'll probably get on the forums as soon as I buy one.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I've got about 31k on mine, I drive it all over the place!

I get 14.4 MPG on my daily 36 mile commute but have an economy tune since I don't race.

J.Shoot

Established Member
Great Truck

I love my Raptor.
Have had no problems with it and have 6,000 miles.
Avg 12.8 mpg, but that includes using it on the ranch every weekend.
Tires are fine, very quiet.
I would like to add a S/C to it just for fun but probably won't......

J.Shoot

SuperMarioSVT

Kiss of Death
Established Member
way over priced

don't have one, but will say that I wish I could afford one. :)

Over priced? You should take a look at a Chevy, Dodge, or Toyota Tundra with with similar options. They cost the same if not more ($55k+)... Even an F-150 FX4 with either the EcoBoost or 5.0 are up there in price. I think you get way more in the Raptor then the other trucks for the same amount of money.

I test drove a Raptor S-CREW yesterday and absolutely loved it. Amazing truck. Very comfortable and the ride was awesome. I put the Ridgeline on the market today. Carmax will give me only $14k for it..(isn't soo bad)

I priced a Raptor out for $53,740 with the options that I like. I'm gonna see if I can get a little better deal though.

Thanks for your input fellow SVTP'ers!

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
While they are expensive, I wouldn't say they're overpriced boost4me. Unless you're talking to one of those dealers in southern California that tack an extra 5k - 10k on. In fact it's a bargain when you look at what you're getting and consider the residual value.

Awesome that you were swayed by the test drive SuperMarioSVT. Keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread