How do you avoid being keyed?

Smokinbago

MN Sports Fan!
Established Member
Originally posted by Addicted to PSI
Do you have anything on your car that would offend someone ? For example anti-Ricer stickers or something alike ....cuz that would make you a prime target :nono:

That is pretty bad luck either way! People that key others cars' low life's that can be man enough to take with owner of the car or just plain stupid!:bash:

take care

Car is stock looking minus the clear head and side lights. The only thing that looks different on the inside of the car is the instrument bezel for my gauges. I bought the bezel instead of the a-pilar holder just for this reason and it still happened.

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
thats probably why i'm gonna keep my car primered for a while...but that only works for me. the brick in the bushes and sniper rifle sounds like the best to me.

MightyMo

Established Member
thats one of those things
might be some spoiled jealous brat out there who is dying of envy or God only knows what else is out there..

About the only thing to do is park it where you can see it or just don't drive it unless its a special occassion like with a club or some big event.

Smokinbago

MN Sports Fan!
Established Member
Originally posted by zzzzzer
Sorry to hear about your car, man. Some people are just jealous a//holes :fm:. I think you should try the following (if you haven't)...

(1) Always park near the entrance of a building. If you go to a mall don't go in through the main entrances b/c those parking spots are always taken. Instead go in through the entrance of JC Penny, Dillards, Sears, etc. They usually have GREAT spaces darn close to the door and windows. The people inside act as a deterrant (sp?) .

(2) If you're staying in a hotel when you're out of town ALWAYS park your car where you can see it from your room's window. No view of the pool -- get a view of the parking lot and and then park your car where you can see it.

(3) If you're going some place like the State Fair or to a club where you'll have to probably park waaaaay in the back and night you may want to leave your car somewhere safe (like home or the front parking space near the hotel's front entrance) and let a friend drive.

It sucks you actually have to think about this crap and may even have to change some habits b/c of jealous little pricks but those are just some ideas. Good luck, man...and don't worry b/c those b/stards are gonna run out of their cowardly luck one of these days and get caught in the act.

All good ideas and I will take them into consideration in the future.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Well most of the time you cant do anything about it unless you sit out in your car. Alot of the time its out of jealousy (I think). [Knock on wood iv never had a car keyed]

Although one way to avoid it is to make sure you dont piss anyone off you run into on a regular basis. :D

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
I had some bad luck when I first got my explorer a couple years ago. Was at home and too tired to drive my girlfriend home, so I told her to take my explorer home.

I go to her house in the morning and a couple blocks from her house, I see a police officer making a report by someones explorer. I only seen the flat tires then.

Pull up and I am like :eek: . Front to back my explorer was keyed.
Come to find out some ASSHOLE went down the little subdivision- I think 3 blocks and keyed EVERY explorer and slashed everyones tires except for mine.

What a waste of my $250 deductible. If I remember there were four explorers that got hit that night. Nice thing to find on a Sunday morning. Fn' Pricks

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Park in the furthest most remote location of the parking lot so nobody will even have a need to walk passed your car. That might help, but nothing is foolproof.

darkcrayz

Established Member
I park away from the doors so not alot of people will park/walk next to my car.

Sorry you have gotten keyed so many times. I hate punks that are jealous and have to jack up your stuff so they can feel better about not having it themselves.

ssssnake

Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
Park in the furthest most remote location of the parking lot so nobody will even have a need to walk passed your car. That might help, but nothing is foolproof.

Adam, and even sometimes that doesn't work. If the SOBs around here see a nice car parked away from everyone else, that's a good enough reason to go desecrate it. But I still try to do that.:shrug:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Thought you guys would like that :D. I knew they had one like that on stick death, I spent an hour trying to find it.

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Originally posted by ssssnake
If the SOBs around here see a nice car parked away from everyone else, that's a good enough reason to go desecrate it.
:nonono: Same thing around here. People will look at it and say, "Oh they think they're something special..." and proceed to be assanine.

Why do some people have to be freakin' a//holes? If you have a nice car you can't park up front...can't park in back...good grief.

03CobraBro

Established Member
I'v heard of people with ferraris that have been parked out in a parking lot, and while the owner will sit in his car, there are people that will actually walk up and spit on it. :shrug: Wooo weee, to make a long story short on my behalf, there would be hell to pay for the person that spits on my ferrari, I dont care how buff, rough, or tough lookin he is.

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
If I have to go to say, God forbid, Wal-Mart for example, I always park behind the store where the employees do and then walk around front and go in. No one ever goes back there. That or I park way the hell out there in the lot.

I'm lucky that I live in a small enough town and know enough people that I could find out who did it too. It's a well known fact in town how anal I am about my car. I don't tolerate people even joking about doing something like that to my car.

Users who are viewing this thread