How do these heads compare to others?

dannydr44

Established Member
Will do ill look into them! thanks bud for the info. With anything I got I plan on putting springs and opgs in so it would be safe to run at 8000+. What valves would you go with?

Well, again that depends on what your intentions are. Bare minimum...I would go with Manley Race Master values. But if you’re only hitting the track every now and then and it’s mainly a street stang...then the stock values will do just fine.

By the way...here’s a solid deal from Custom Built Motorsports. CBM is trying to make their way into the Coyote 5.0 market:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-MUSTAN...ash=item33afd5642d:g:vMcAAOSwLN5WlUmu&vxp=mtr

Dan

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Dan, I literally just looked on ebay at those 20 minutes ago lol. The car is truly a street stang and doesn't get much to any track time. I was just comparing the TEA ones and CBM ones and the TEA have a bigger combustion chamber, intake runner, but have a smaller exhaust runner. You can also get bar ported ones and put your own stuff in it for $1200.

What hp gain do you think I would see with these and cams?

corysmach1

Established Member
A good set of ported heads will yield just as much power as a set of cams if not more. A lot of people don't know that. You just need the supporting mods and be willing to Rev the car

rtusnake

Established Member
I have a set of stock heads I just pulled off for boss heads I'm going to sell. Can send those out to be ported to shorten downtime. Slawko seems to be a good port job for the money compared to everyone else as well

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
A good set of ported heads will yield just as much power as a set of cams if not more. A lot of people don't know that. You just need the supporting mods and be willing to Rev the car

I was reading on another forum on svtp that a set of locked out stage 3s can get you 60-90 hp. is this true?

dannydr44

Established Member
Dan, I literally just looked on ebay at those 20 minutes ago lol. The car is truly a street stang and doesn't get much to any track time. I was just comparing the TEA ones and CBM ones and the TEA have a bigger combustion chamber, intake runner, but have a smaller exhaust runner. You can also get bar ported ones and put your own stuff in it for $1200.

What hp gain do you think I would see with these and cams?

I just ordered these heads...what unreal deal!!! Thanks to Dave Ameduri @ Livernois Motorsports!!!

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP760111

You can't go wrong with this deal. CNC heads with a solid set of cams can get you to or over 500 at the wheels. Obviously there's other factors involved but there have been a hand full of builds on these forums, where 500 at the wheels, if not more, is possible.

corysmach1

Established Member
I just ordered these heads...what unreal deal!!! Thanks to Dave Ameduri @ Livernois Motorsports!!!

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP760111

You can't go wrong with this deal. CNC heads with a solid set of cams can get you to or over 500 at the wheels. Obviously there's other factors involved but there have been a hand full of builds on these forums, where 500 at the wheels, if not more, is possible.

Thats a good price any flow #'s on those heads?

dannydr44

Established Member
Thats a good price any flow #'s on those heads?

Quote Originally Posted by dannydr44 View Post
I just ordered a set a heads this morning with Dave Ameduri. What a deal!!! Thank you so much and you guys rock!!!
Thank you for your business!

Here is a little data for you guys that love numbers:

Lift Inlet/Exhaust
.05 56.8/46.6
.1 109.1/89.6
.2 196.9/143.6
.3 249/165.9
.4 285.6/194.1
.5 314.1/200

corysmach1

Established Member
Quote Originally Posted by dannydr44 View Post
I just ordered a set a heads this morning with Dave Ameduri. What a deal!!! Thank you so much and you guys rock!!!
Thank you for your business!

Here is a little data for you guys that love numbers:

Lift Inlet/Exhaust
.05 56.8/46.6
.1 109.1/89.6
.2 196.9/143.6
.3 249/165.9
.4 285.6/194.1
.5 314.1/200

Solid numbers....on a good setup I'd guess 25+rwhp gain from those.

ford20

Established Member
Yeah I plan on putting lock outs on the cams. Then you get the lopey idle, correct? What power are you making with your setup?

There is more to it than just locking out the cams in all honesty. IIRC LSA is also another factor in why cams will lope a bit differently. I have mine locked out and it sounds beastly, Darren's are locked out as well and sounds beastly, but his sound a bit different than mine do I think.

What other mods are planning to do to the car in order to reach the 550? I could see 540 on a stock engine, but I think 550 is going to be a bit lofty in all honesty unless you really up your fuel.

Cool man. S o what is the main difference between the TEA heads and mmr/jpc heads? Bigger valves?

The RGR/JPC Stage 2 heads from quick glance from what I remember have larger valves, smaller runners, and better springs in them. IMO since I would be building my engine I would be getting the best parts that I could and not worry about a direct swap in all honesty. We are already spending a butt ton of money to go N/A so might as well pick up all the additional HP that we can out of it.

I was reading on another forum on svtp that a set of locked out stage 3s can get you 60-90 hp. is this true?

Where did you see that?

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
There is more to it than just locking out the cams in all honesty. IIRC LSA is also another factor in why cams will lope a bit differently. I have mine locked out and it sounds beastly, Darren's are locked out as well and sounds beastly, but his sound a bit different than mine do I think.

What other mods are planning to do to the car in order to reach the 550? I could see 540 on a stock engine, but I think 550 is going to be a bit lofty in all honesty unless you really up your fuel.

The RGR/JPC Stage 2 heads from quick glance from what I remember have larger valves, smaller runners, and better springs in them. IMO since I would be building my engine I would be getting the best parts that I could and not worry about a direct swap in all honesty. We are already spending a butt ton of money to go N/A so might as well pick up all the additional HP that we can out of it.

Where did you see that?

I'll see if I can find the thread that said that.

But we are now thinking about doing a Procharger instead. The first reason and most important is tuning. We do not have a reputable tuner around us and lund wouldn't tune this setup. 2nd reason is fuel. All the car would see is 93. We don't have e-85 near us and race fuel is also out of the question. So then we would see less power then you 564rwhp, which is what we were looking for on 93 w/ stock shortblock. Also we were worried about driveability issues with the locked out cams (like there is with the ghost cam tune).

Users who are viewing this thread