How do these heads compare to others?

vortecd

Established Member
Since you are looking at spending $5500 for heads and cams why not go with a power adder?

vortecd

Established Member
Last edited:

corysmach1

Established Member
TEA heads are very good....if you take them your heads it's only $2300. People will always bash anyone trying to go fast NA. It's just the way it is, most people are scared to death to be different.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
TEA heads are very good....if you take them your heads it's only $2300. People will always bash anyone trying to go fast NA. It's just the way it is, most people are scared to death to be different.

I think its going to be a very fun build and best of all its something many don't have. Ok gotcha about the core. Arent you doing the same sort of thing, but boring it to a 5.2?

gt5.0coyote

Established Member

Do you recommend these heads over the 15 gts?

dannydr44

Established Member
Check out Slawko racing heads in PA. They have a program for the 5.0 heads. Their reasonable in pricing and talk to them about your build and intentions on what you want to do. The stock valves will only handle so much abuse...including the retainers, valve springs, etc...

corysmach1

Established Member
I think its going to be a very fun build and best of all its something many don't have. Ok gotcha about the core. Arent you doing the same sort of thing, but boring it to a 5.2?

My car is stock bottom end now. I do have comp stage 3 cams with CJ setup on E85. If I don't build a crazy motor over the winter I will do ported heads with big custom cams locked out.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Check out Slawko racing heads in PA. They have a program for the 5.0 heads. Their reasonable in pricing and talk to them about your build and intentions on what you want to do. The stock valves will only handle so much abuse...including the retainers, valve springs, etc...

Will do ill look into them! thanks bud for the info. With anything I got I plan on putting springs and opgs in so it would be safe to run at 8000+. What valves would you go with?

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
My car is stock bottom end now. I do have comp stage 3 cams with CJ setup on E85. If I don't build a crazy motor over the winter I will do ported heads with big custom cams locked out.

Yeah I plan on putting lock outs on the cams. Then you get the lopey idle, correct? What power are you making with your setup?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I am glad to see another guy thinking about a big NA build. Ultimately that is what I want to do with this pig. I have had blower cars before, but have always enjoyed the challenging aspect of making an NA car stinking fast, have done several H/C/I LS motors, but never a coyote and look forward to cracking the valve covers.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Thanks man! What parts do you plan on going with? Whats the max rwhp you guys think I could get to? The goal is 550.

corysmach1

Established Member
Yeah I plan on putting lock outs on the cams. Then you get the lopey idle, correct? What power are you making with your setup?

Yes. I think I can reach 540 on E85....550 will be a stretch. I am tired of dealing with the VCT issues on shifts so mine will be able to be pulled to 8500. I haven't had mine on the dyno yet on this setup but it did make 466 bolt ons and 461 with Magnum swap and 4:88s. So in the end if the car makes 540rwhp through 4:88s it should be strong.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Thanks man! What parts do you plan on going with? Whats the max rwhp you guys think I could get to? The goal is 550.

I like the RGR|JPC heads, but I am on budget, probably some 15 castings with exhaust port work, mill the heads to raise compression another point, baby CJ exhaust cams. E85 is abundant where I live and I have been steady running it for 2 years with no problems.The intake side from what I understand is not a huge bottleneck in these cars, take that for what its worth. Though I may still do custom intake cams, intake port work. If anything have the intake ports matched to the runners on the CJ manifold. I definitely think you can/will get close to your goal of 550ish.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Wow those are great numbers man. I think by the time its done if I ever see a s/c coyote it will hang with it. haven't seen a modified car other than chevy trucks with glasspacks and to people where I live that's full bolt ons lol. The car hasn't been beat yet not to brag or anything.

vortecd

Established Member
There is no doubt that you can make a fast n/a combo, heck look at coyote stock in the NMRA mid to low 10's.

It is all in what you want to build and what will make you happy. I have been doing the Mustang thing for over 20 years with 3 different cars having superchargers. For the money and potential I will take a power adder but that is me

gt5.0coyote

Established Member

I contacted then and they use stock valves, retainers,and springs. They were $1750 to port the heads and they were $900 to port just the bottom half of the intake manifold. They reinstall everything except the cams. Also they have a 3 week lead time. That's the part I liked the most about buying another set of heads is that I can do a direct swap.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread