how do i get my irs to hook up?

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
Whatever makes ya happy.

How bout my 1.51? Was shocked at the rearward weight transfer when I first saw the pic.

Launch.gif

Yeah thats a great launch!

mcallister

Established Member
question for you guys running qa1 adjustable rears. i just bought lakewood 70/30 fronts and qa1 single adjustable rears. what setting are you guys running your rears on for drag racing?

cj428mach

Established Member
Duck here come the know it alls that will say it's only a band aid and that you need thousands of dollars in FTBR gear! :pop:

You don't think at least an IRS brace is needed? I'm a noob to these cars but when I got it the car it was just a pullied eaton putting out 440+rwhp and had just had the rear end housing resealed. So to me that means its getting enough pull on it to distort it to the point of leaking. Now that I have a twin screw I'm a little worried about the rear cover.

08mojo

Established Member
You don't think at least an IRS brace is needed? I'm a noob to these cars but when I got it the car it was just a pullied eaton putting out 440+rwhp and had just had the rear end housing resealed. So to me that means its getting enough pull on it to distort it to the point of leaking. Now that I have a twin screw I'm a little worried about the rear cover.

I'd get a new/upgraded cover. Tractionless has shown that good tires, shocks and minor suspension work is all that is needed to make it hook. There are plenty of other that have made these car hook only to find the differential cover is the weak point (some even with a brace).

Users who are viewing this thread