How Do I Download A Custom Tune?

avj75

Established Member
I have a XCal II from RWTD already w/two custom tunes in it. Ed just sent me another one via the website yesterday.
New to the downloadable tunes so I want to know what the process is with the tune he sent as an attachment.

I assume I download it into my laptop, then what's the process of getting it onto my SCT XCal II?

Thanks in advance.

MikeW

Established Member
You will need to download the extreme tune software from teh sctflash.com site if you do not have it already. Did you get the cable from James that is USB on one end and the other end fits the Xcal2? If so you may have to check the ports on your computer to get your computer to "talk to" your Xcal2. Are you a SCT PRP/advantage software user?

In Extreme tune you will ahve to locate your tune in the drop down box and follow the choices that will send the tune to the Xcal. You may have to try different port setting until you find the one that works. It's not all that hard and was easier for me than the Predator for some reason. Good Luck.

Devo27KR

Established Member
Are we supposed to get the cable that connects the pc to the XCal2 from RWTD? I just got my XCal2 from james today and I didnt have one...

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Devo27KR said:
Are we supposed to get the cable that connects the pc to the XCal2 from RWTD? I just got my XCal2 from james today and I didnt have one...

Its a standard USB cable. I bought mine from wally world for 3 bucks.

There is a great tutuorial video on www.sctflash.com on their forums. it will tell you everything you need.

Users who are viewing this thread