How do Auto Transmissions affect Resale?

Parts-is-Parts

Established Member
Ive had my Cobra for about 4 years now and just never use it.

Its decked out....
Whipple 2.9, Built Engine, Big Fuel system, some IRS mods, Lowered, K-Member, Subframes etc etc.
And a TH400 with a Gear Vendors.
The car is Silver with 44k.
Im the second owner, never been in an accident.
Overall the car is really nice.

Im contemplating selling it to buy a different car, but do not want to be let down if an Auto Cobra doesn't fetch much money.
Im already going to take a loss, I just dont want to be insulted. LOL

I know there is a buyer for everything, but I also know its hard to sell an Auto Cobra.
Thoughts?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Your buyer base is going to be limited, as most buyers will want the 6-speed. So you're going to have to find a buyer who wants the auto. You're likely going to take a bit of a hit on the sale price IMO, vs. what you'd get with the 6-speed. But again, finding the right buyer is key. Hopefully a person who wants a Terminator and had plans to go auto. I wish you the best.

Jefe

Established Member
What do you want for it? Thats probably a better place to start

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
I think autos definitely hurt the value. However there are people out there that would buy an auto cobra. Just takes time

BTW any track numbers on your setup?

flS/R

Established Member
people looking for a cobra may be disappointed in it being automatic. Other than that, anybody looking for a nice mustang, which happens to be a cobra, will like that it is auto. Having the GV on it will definitely make it a nice car for whoever buys it. If it were me looking to buy it, the only thing I would wonder is why did you not use a c4 and GV :shrug: but that is just me wanting to keep it all ford :)

Snake Plissken

Established Member
I would be disappointed that it still had the IRS. Think drag racer, most want a built 8.8 or a 9".

Hey, I'll trade you my Baer 6 piston/14" disc and Baer rear set-up. 5 grand new (I know, it isn't new anymore.) for that auto set-up. Just kidding! I have a Viper-spec T-56 and a 9" rear.
My car is all mixed-up, she don't know if she wants to drag are road course.

Users who are viewing this thread