How bad is this teal 93?

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
I'd buy that car without any questions asked for 5k. The damage on it weather it has slight frame damage or not which from what i can tell looks to be nill. probably toasted the horn though. I can only assume that the previous owner has a salvage title if he's selling it wrecked, because if it wasn't then he's want to have it repaired before he sold it to bring in more cash.. Either way clean car.

stangbear427

Established Member
Has the value of these gone up that much in the last year? I'm surprised by how many of you say you'd pay $5K for it as it sits without even seeing it in person. It isn't bad, but it is a wrecked, modified 115K car. I feel like I paid too much for mine at $9500, and it was practically bone stock and in far better condition than that one before it got crunched, with 98K on it. Maybe I should try to sell mine.:dw:

asperformance

Banned
Just bought one wrecked about the same, paid $5500 for it. Has about same miles All body is good except fenders hood and Front cover, all fender spats are good, all original car no mods. Prices are going up on these cars. FAST

todd abbott

Established Member
I have to agree, 4k-5k seems right to me, say the frame needs a little luv to get it right plus fender, light, bumper, cooling system, supports, paint ect... say another 5k, and another 5k to clean the interior and engine bay and go through the engine, high estimates but for less than 15 grand you've got a cool ride, that can be modded from top to bottom or left stock, sweet either way.

Last edited by a moderator:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
This cobra could be fixed nicely for $1000-$1500 easily. Nothing expensive is hurt on it and all parts could be found used for cheap.... in my case I already have piles of all the parts it could need, so all I would have to buy is some paint/materials.

todd abbott

Established Member
Buy going through the motor I don't mean soap/water and a afternoon with a sponge, I'm thinking more along the lines of a freshened up long block as it has 110K on it. As for the body/paint work I think I'm pretty close for what I can see and the interior looks a little rough as it should with over a 100K on it, but as I mentioned I think it's a winner, just fixing the body work and having a driver could be be done for 4k.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
exactly with 110k , if it was even half taken care of it will still have the hone crosshatch in the cylinders. Far from needing rebuild.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
exactly with 110k , if it was even half taken care of it will still have the hone crosshatch in the cylinders. Far from needing rebuild.

Yup, thats how my 89s shortblock looked when I yanked the heads off at 104K miles. I thought I had some pics, but I can't find them at the moment.

gud2goe

Established Member
well those of you that think this is and easy fix you are correct..but the teal paint cant be matched with the black in it...you need a good paint job to get it back to even close

Last edited:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
well those of you that think this is and easy fix you are correct..but the teal paint cant be matched with the black in it...you need a good paint job to get it back to even close

Its not hard to match the teal paint. Any decent body shop could easily match the paint. I have had couple with paint work that you would never know unless I told you. A buddy of mine just sold his teal car with 115k miles on it. It had a lot of touch up through the years with key marks, rock chips etc. and you could not tell that it had been painted on multiple times.

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Its not hard to match the teal paint. Any decent body shop could easily match the paint. I have had couple with paint work that you would never know unless I told you. A buddy of mine just sold his teal car with 115k miles on it. It had a lot of touch up through the years with key marks, rock chips etc. and you could not tell that it had been painted on multiple times.

my 93 has a few spots like that, its definetly going in for a repaint after the first of the year. Car looks like it would be worth getting ahold of and fixing. I would go or it

Joe

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Any metalic paint is hard to match, but a good painter should be able to get it done without too much trouble. It's not the shade that's hard, it's the angle of the metalic flakes they have to get right, or it reflects light differently than the other panels.

t66turbo

Car Designer in Training
Established Member
The car isnt that bad. If there is any damage to the front core support its due the the hood being hit. So It would be safe to say that the upper tie bar is out a few millimeter... Easy Fix.... Since the hood is damaged, the pass. side fender should be blended aswell as the driver side door, door molding and side skirt. As far as the paint goes. blending the teal isnt a problem. Just spray two wet coats and follow up with a final drop coat, just make sure that the drop coat is sprayed before the final coat flashes. ( Avoid a dust coat)The hardest part of metallics is spraying them with proper technique.

Users who are viewing this thread