How bad is this teal 93?

Rev Happy

Established Member
Fixable? Frame damage? How much would it cost to fix, and how much would you guys pay for it in its current state? Car has stock motor with about 115k miles.

208911.jpg

208908.jpg

208910.jpg

208909.jpg

208912.jpg

stangbear427

Established Member
Whew... it actually doesn't look too bad. Based on the wheels and how square the engine bay is it doesn't look like the frame is out, the damage is right at the air bag trigger and it didn't blow so it looks like a low speed crunch to me. Actually, it looks like somebody backed into it. Do you know what happened? Any details on how it came to rest there would help. If the frame is ok, there's a good chance the radiator support can be straitened out, so all it looks to need is a fender, bumper cover, hood and headlight, and the related paraphernalia and backing panels etc. Not high dollar stuff. May be unrelated, but there's some suspiciously anti-freeze looking mess in just the right place on the floor to suggest something poked the radiator, so the AC condenser may be compromised as well.
It's hard to say. It would be worth a lot more to someone who can do their own body work than someone who can't, obviously, because in any good shop around here there's easily a couple thousand in body work there. With the relatively high miles, that doesn't leave much. However, it is the desirable Teal/Black combo in what looks to be a very strait, clean car. From what I see it just has a shifter, and c/c plates so it likely has some suspension, possible gears and exhaust; otherwise it looks pretty stock so it maybe hasn't had the wheels driven off it. I'd offer $2K-2500 for it sight unseen, based on the pictures... but that's just me.

Last edited:

asperformance

Banned
Car is easliy worth anywhere from $4000 to $5000 depending on Mods, Fox body cars wrecked or not are bringing good money, you may find 2 to maybe 3 93 Cobras a year wrecked, parts are worth a premium, so complete cars bring good money. Sometimes as much as high mileage drivers.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Looks like the frame is damged and the title is ruined. Im assuming

I agree on the frame. It will have to be pulled a little. That doesn't mean anything on the title. If the guy who has it now is the original owner when wrecked and bought it back from the insurance company (IF they totaled it) then the title will still be good

but 90-91 had the pull out leg bolsters on the bottoms 92-93 didn't.

ahhhhh. Its been a long time since I owned a cloth car and I didn't realize that.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
I agree on the frame. It will have to be pulled a little. That doesn't mean anything on the title. If the guy who has it now is the original owner when wrecked and bought it back from the insurance company (IF they totaled it) then the title will still be good

ahhhhh. Its been a long time since I owned a cloth car and I didn't realize that.
Now most Insurance companies will give a salvage title , even if the owner retains the wrecked car. And leather seats had the same configuration as cloth.

as far as the 89 seats , they had the massive headrest.

Users who are viewing this thread