How bad are Lightning on gas?

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
03blklightning said:
What is this gas mileage you speak of? When it says E I fill it up. I don't even figure the gas mileage anymore. I don't care.

yeah anymore I fill up when I'm running on "E"ffort :D

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
Just a thought for you guys trying to save a few bucks. Stop and Shop gives you coupons on their cash register receipts for $ .10 off per gallon. If you don't mind S&S super unleaded... that's not a bad deal. I had a friend who used to drive for Gulf in NJ, and he always told me that 90% of all stations are pumping the same crap. He delivered from the Gulf depot to both major and unknown brands including shell, exxon, mobil, gulf, and others. The owners buy what's available at the best prices. Its usually the equipment in the crap stations that screws up... so if you buy off brand, try to stay with newer stations that seem well-maintained.

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
F*** mileage.... I cruise around w/ the OD off...

If i wanted something economical and cute, i would get a civic w/ a wing...

$3.04 here for super...

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Biggest thing I noticed was gas mileag went up a bunch with the kb. I guess the less parasitic drag. Had to weigh it the other day 4470 with the amp and sub box.

Struck U

Established Member
I don't even need a calculator to figure mine anymore. It is almost always 25 gallons of super to 250 miles on the odometer.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
OldTimer said:
Just a thought for you guys trying to save a few bucks. Stop and Shop gives you coupons on their cash register receipts for $ .10 off per gallon. If you don't mind S&S super unleaded... that's not a bad deal. I had a friend who used to drive for Gulf in NJ, and he always told me that 90% of all stations are pumping the same crap. He delivered from the Gulf depot to both major and unknown brands including shell, exxon, mobil, gulf, and others. The owners buy what's available at the best prices. Its usually the equipment in the crap stations that screws up... so if you buy off brand, try to stay with newer stations that seem well-maintained.
The base gas is the same but there is different additives in all the different brands........... and FYI i drive for Gulf and i know most of the Stop and Shops are Gulf gas if that make you feel any better

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
lightninmike said:
The base gas is the same but there is different additives in all the different brands........... and FYI i drive for Gulf and i know most of the Stop and Shops are Gulf gas if that make you feel any better

So for instance, if you added Techron to Gulf/Stop & Shop, would it be any better? It sounds like there are additives applied at the pump at individual stations... right? Or is the Stop & Shop super OK?

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
I need gas for my toys. Thats why I work.... I don't care about the price as long as I can buy the high test. I'll pay to play.... I want to enjoy my time on earth now. Not wait around and say. I should have bought that truck and car years ago. Thats how I look at it.

Users who are viewing this thread