How are my numbers? (Dyno Sheets inside)

Mel

Established Member
I have an 04 with a Whipple at 19 lbs. The car also has a CAI, O/R X , 3" Catback, Accufab TB, 60 lb injectors and KB BAP.

The first dyno sheet is from Mustang Specialties,the shop thats done all of the work. Car was tuned by Scott Beer with a Diablo Predator. 592 RWHP/571 RWTQ

The second dyno sheet is from the following day at Steeda's dyno day. The first run it went sideways on the dyno.
574 RWHP/523 RWTQ

What do you guys think? I am extremely happy with the car. Its more than enough power for a daily driver. :banana:

Specialtiesdyno.jpg

Steedadyno.jpg

CobraRyan

Banned
i think the dyno was reading low....is this a 2.3 or 3.4?? If you can roast the tires from a 40-50 roll in second then dont worry about dyno numbers.

Mel

Established Member
I am not even sure what lower pulley I have, I think its a 6lb lower the upper is a 3.25.

Its a 2.3 Whipple. Second gear is absolutely useless on street tires. I break them loose at 60 MPH in 3rd gear.

Nice numbers Ryan, I see Scott tuned your car. He knows his stuff. Have you ever been on South Florida Stangs?

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
19lbs of boost looks a little lean to me. I like 11.5:1 a/f ratio anyways. What is the timing at?

Mel

Established Member
Im not sure on the timing. Both of these were done with the tailpipe sniffer.

After showing him the Steeda dyno sheet my tuner told me he would like to add more fuel to the tune so I have to go back and see him. I will get that info when I go back. Hopefully saturday.

MikeW

Established Member
A sniffer will read a little leaner sometimes so it may not be as bad as it looks.

Let us know how it goes Satruday :beer:

Silverboost

Established Member
It went sideways on the dyno?? They must have done a poor job strapping it down. I am definitely looking forward to stepping up to a 3 inch pulley here soon for 19lbs.

Mel

Established Member

Silverboost

Established Member
I have heard a lot of negative things about Steeda. I would have sharted in my pants if my car did that on a dyno. Could you imagine it coming off the dyno with the back tires going 140mph!!!!!! I wouldn't want to be standing in front of it for sure.

Mel

Established Member
I have heard a lot of negative things about Steeda. I would have sharted in my pants if my car did that on a dyno. Could you imagine it coming off the dyno with the back tires going 140mph!!!!!! I wouldn't want to be standing in front of it for sure.

Steeda has great products but thats about it. Only reason I went is to see the car on the dyno. I wasnt there when Scott was tuning my car.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
If it's reading through a sniffer then 12.0 AFR isn't bad. From that first graph it looks like you might have a bit of spark blowout up top, after 6K the power levels off and jumps up and down. The power should be smooth and pull clean past 6000 with a TS blower. Other than that it looks good!

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
That's true, sniffer numbers can be as lean as a 1/2pt. I would agree with your tuner though... a bit more fuel couldn't hurt anything.

The dyno numbers look pretty decent: the first one is STD and the second is SAE, so pretty consistent with your mods.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Huh, makes me wonder about my numbers. I got std numbers of 589rwhp and 526 rwtq with 94 octane and 15 lbs of boost and 23 degrees of timing.

What octane are you using? 91? Also what timing?

Mel

Established Member
93 Octane tune. I will find out what the timing is at on saturday. I dont know how much the weather affects the numbers but it was hot as hell both days.

Users who are viewing this thread