How a Bladesmith Forges an Axe - VIDEO

Black0ut

Established Member
Thought this was awesome!

Check it out:

[youtube_browser]b2lvCcMlPQE[/youtube_browser]

Here is a link to his website where you can actually buy kitchen knives/hunting knives/axes etc.

http://johnneeman.com/en/tools/knives/kitchen

If anyone ends up ordering something you'll leave to leave some feedback on the quality!

Edit: This stuff is badass.

BJFpZiKCcAAjGD3.jpg:large

Last edited:

Teal Terminator

Established Member
We watch and post so much shit on the internet, it's good to see stuff like that every once in a while that is educational, interesting, and truly just a work of art. Gotta be a patient man to do something like that! I can only imagine what that axe must cost, lol. Thanks for sharing.

Black0ut

Established Member
We watch and post so much shit on the internet, it's good to see stuff like that every once in a while that is educational, interesting, and truly just a work of art. Gotta be a patient man to do something like that! I can only imagine what that axe must cost, lol. Thanks for sharing.

Welcome!

Looks like all the axes in his lineup go for <$500.00 believe it or not.

One similar to this one seems to be around $300

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have such high respect for craftsmen like this, especially when just about everything made today is sourced out to China. Awesome work there!

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
That is ****ing amazing. I'd loose a finger in about 10 seconds just standing in that place though.

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
Nice to see actual skill, not programming a cnc machine... Granted the CNC has its place, but his tools will have character and warmth. Great post,now to save some pennies and get those kitchen knives...

rust0r

Established Member
Thanks for posting, he copied the Ramstein video though! LOL

Amazing to see stuff like this still takes place with all of the automation we have today. That automatic hammer/press must be a life safer in their craft.

I was amazed at the tolerance of temperature that was required at the one stage 1280-1300 degrees, if it cools below 1280 it has to be reheated, doesn't really give them much time to mess around with it.

Users who are viewing this thread