"Houston, The Eagle Has Landed!"

Marc

Established Member
Whipple29Supercharger.jpg

Arrived at my Father's house yesterday.

Can't wait to get my ass back to the states to start the build! :banana::banana:

89slowgt331

Established Member
Congrat's marc! A comp orange cobra with a polished whipple 2.9, I'm definatly jelous! HaHa, when do you get back for the build? cant wait to get my 4# lower, I just got my ported eaton back. Good luck on your build!

Marc

Established Member
I arrive at my next duty station on 6 July. I got a guy there with a full shop that will help me do the build. Once we finish installing everything, got to book a appointment to get it tuned/dynoed.

gabe1530

Banned
damn thats nice!
i cant wait to get my 2.9 in the mail as well!
how much boost are you planning on running?

Marc

Established Member
I don't care to run HUGE boost because of my stock internals. I don't know...maybe 20 lbs? Something that will get me near the 650-700HP range...safely. I have Lethal's $2000 fuel system, 80lb injectors, and FORE fuel rails, so I am good there.

I think this blower will look good with my polished PFAB Tanks, Pulleys, and Coil Covers:

PulleysAfterPolishing.jpg

CoilCoversAfterPolishing.jpg

PFABSuperchargerTankAfterPolishing.jpg

PFABRadiatorTankAfterPolishing.jpg

black 10th vert

Established Member
Took about 6 weeks to get my stuff back from being polished. But, it was well worth the wait. Its not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

It isn't cheap, and for the most part, I think people don't realize the amount of time and work it takes to smooth out aluminum stuff to make a flawless finish - especially on cast parts. I have been polishing for many, many years, and believe me, most of the time I end up losing money doing customer parts because of the time involved, and the fact that you can't really charge for that time. Looks awesome Marc!:beer:

Marc

Established Member
It isn't cheap, and for the most part, I think people don't realize the amount of time and work it takes to smooth out aluminum stuff to make a flawless finish - especially on cast parts. I have been polishing for many, many years, and believe me, most of the time I end up losing money doing customer parts because of the time involved, and the fact that you can't really charge for that time. Looks awesome Marc!:beer:

Exactly and they have these "high dollar" machines that help them do the work. And my larger parts have a "clear coat" on them to make for low maintenance in keeping them clean.

Users who are viewing this thread