Houston drivers suck in this weather!!

tj04cobra

Established Member
Icy Roads Cause 750 Wrecks All Over City - Houston Weather News Story - KPRC Houston

I have never seen so many wrecks before on my way to work this morning! It was terrible! I've never driven in icy conditions and it was kind of a scary feeling when I went across my first overpass at 6 this morning. But I took it slow and made it to work in one piece! The roads were definitely not ready for this weather. Snow was forecasted all week for today but I think the layer of ice on the ground was much worse.

NastyNate420

Established Member
It tough to avoid the random engine block in the middle of the freeway while sliding on ice!! ....Driving in Houston made me feel like i was back back home in NJ!.....You even have the pot hole that can swallow me and my street bike whole!!

98KBcobra

SVT Poster
Established Member
I just got out of Houston today, was in for work. I got a chuckle out of the news station's coverage.
Then I hopped in the rental beater and drove it across town to the airport. For some reason I saw a lot of people speeding and then when they realize they are on ice, slam on the brakes. Not good!

4a7191a

Established Member
i got off work this morning at 5am in beaumont, they didnt sand the overpasses yet and my lightning was fishtailing goin 30mph up the brigde. some jackass figured i was stupid, blew by me at 70ish only to play pong with the gaurd rails. he went from side to side banging them before coming to a stop facing towards traffic. lol i know people in houston drive just as stupid as they do here.

tj04cobra

Established Member
i got off work this morning at 5am in beaumont, they didnt sand the overpasses yet and my lightning was fishtailing goin 30mph up the brigde. some jackass figured i was stupid, blew by me at 70ish only to play pong with the gaurd rails. he went from side to side banging them before coming to a stop facing towards traffic. lol i know people in houston drive just as stupid as they do here.

When my car first fishtailed at 35mph on a overpass I knew I better take it easy. I was going into work at 5:45 and they were starting to shut the freeway down and everyone had to exit. Usually when I leave for work that early I beat traffic and make it to work in 15-20 minutes tops. But this morning I had to take a bunch of side streets and it took 1 hour and 15 minutes. Sucked

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
im sure that was a wonderful experiance for TX... hahaha.. scared the crap out of alot of people im sure.. just the recent snow you guys have gotten...

walk outside.. WTF is this shit on the ground?!

4a7191a

Established Member
our roads arnt made for ice at all. the bridge that had like wrecks all over it is rather old. plus people here are stupid, they cant drive when it rains. its worse in houston though. lol

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
noobs. We were driving around in 1ft of snow like it was nothin.. nothin ***** it's nothin! And this is on the roads. I drove about 5 miles in 1ft of snow on the roads at like 15mph yesterday to get my hair cut. I was the only person they had all day. Shit was 3-4 feet high in all the parking lots and side roads. Now that they finally plowed it's impossible to see shit since all the snow banks are 7-8-9 feet high.

Last edited:

NastyNate420

Established Member
Haha San Diego in the rain is quite a site! When i lived there it didnt rain a drop for 13 months. Finally one day it rained and EVERYWHERE you looked there were people spinning out all over the place!

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
If it makes you feel any better we have the same problem ("up here") the first snow of the season. Even though people have lived their entire lives dealing with winter they totally forget how to drive in snow by the time the next season rolls around. I can't imagine the average person in your area driving with summer tires and no experience.

EVL VNM

Established Member
Haha San Diego in the rain is quite a site! When i lived there it didnt rain a drop for 13 months. Finally one day it rained and EVERYWHERE you looked there were people spinning out all over the place!

That's how it was when I lived there. People freaking out all over the place. As for Houston, this place is a joke when weather hits. It barely has ice on the roads, and I understand no one is used to it, but the whole damn city pretty much shuts down. And forget about when it rains, a hurricane city not properly set up for drainage???

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm sure most of you saw the coverage on Fox News of the moron in Dallas attempting to drive his/her Corvette in the snow and ice. That was a dose of early morning comedy.

yelostang

Established Member
People are pretty bad up here in Tyler too. The worst are the ones in the lifted trucks that think because they have 4wd they can still drive normal.

My 2wd XJ did just fine though.

NastyNate420

Established Member
Yeah i Lived in Webster TX 2 summers ago. Man I almost Drown my mach a couple times. All of a sudden there would be FEET of standing water on the feeder roads. Many cars jus parked on the 40 and walked home. I quickly realized that if it was gonna rain Houston im driving the my lifted wrangler!!

FordMustangLove

Lame-o
Established Member
I'm sure most of you saw the coverage on Fox News of the moron in Dallas attempting to drive his/her Corvette in the snow and ice. That was a dose of early morning comedy.

all he needed was some winter only tires and he would of been perfectly fine

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaGvlihf6to&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Jon Olsson's Murcielago LP 670-4 SV in action!!![/nomedia]

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
we have our share of crappy winter weather drivers, but nothing THAT bad. Wow, 750 wrecks! That's when even defensive driving won't help you much, and you decide to just stay home. :dw:

Users who are viewing this thread