HouseOfPower- has ANYONE heard or spoke to him?

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
Okay folks. Sort of in a bind at the moment and i wanted some help.

First and foremost im not here to bash this member. I had a great experience with him when buying a motor a few years back. However now there seems to be some issues with what i was sold.

The for sale add is here.

www.svtperformance.com/forums/showt...sid-284ci-Longblock-w-03-heads-and-Fr500-cams

Now, let me say i bought the motor a WHILE back. However it sat for almost a year before it was put in the car. Then, I took my time with the right blower, fuel etc etc.

Once i finally got the car together and tuned, it was getting cold and i really used it as a daily for about three months, very rarely getting into boost at all. it was pullied for 16 pounds.

Now heres where things get odd. All of the sudden the car started acting odd. Overnight. Developed a knock. being daily driven. after literally only a few minutes, i turned the car off. got it apart, out of the car and found slipped rod bearings. this was months and months ago.

So, alas once again the car sat. now, when i bought this motor i was told it had FR500 cams, and was built to handle a ton of power.

Upon FINALLY taking it to phase 2 in st louis, i was told not only did it need rod bearings, but the motor was assembled improperly.
Also, the cam numbers that are engraved on the cams do not match ANY ford part number, any ford racing, FR500 cam...anything.

At this point im just trying to build another motor.

My attempts to contact Joe Odam have been met with no response and a changed telephone number.

Let me say this again, i like joe i had a good experience with him, but i feel i was not sold what i bought. I JUST want him to come forward, and get me in contact with the shop and find out what cams these are. What else is in this motor, as it doesnt seem to be what i was sold at all. I am trying to rebuild /sell parts and i have no idea what things even are. I got no paperwork when i bought it, and was told i would.

Thanks to anyone that may know him or can get me in touch with him. Im a little upset of course. but im not angry. I just want to know what these damn cams are. And maybe chew the ass of the engine builder. lol.

thanks all

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
IMG_5284.JPG

does anyone know where this is at ? apparently the motor was built here, it has custom ground cams and i need to try to get ahold of this shop. Either in SC or NC im guessing.....

help?

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
Was this the guy that would buy Mustang's Vette's etc and pour thousands into them and then sell them for an obnoxious price that was still less than what he put into them? Awesome business plan.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
Haha i dont know exactly what he did. I know he was Airforce and built cars on the side. I talked to Rick at Amazon tuning and he hasn't heard from him either. I just want to know what freaking cams are in this thing so i can help a buddy out i am selling them too. Nobody wants to buy a cam they don't know exactly what it was.

now in Joes Defense he was probably told "this is what is in the motor" but upon pulling it apart it doesnt appear thats what anything is.

Just trying to get to the bottom of it.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
If the cams are out of the motor cant you use some calipers and measure everything? If you cant do this im sure any machine shop can give you all the specs on the cams.

MikeW

Established Member
View attachment 30614

does anyone know where this is at ? apparently the motor was built here, it has custom ground cams and i need to try to get ahold of this shop. Either in SC or NC im guessing.....

help?

I think I may have found the shop for you. It looks like the same building. Muscle Motors Performance Inc (Looks like it is out of business)

The address will expaling the California tag on the Cobra in the picture.

Google earth link :

https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...ance+Inc!3m1!1s0x0:0xf6f937e5532391e0!6m1!1e1

Photo of google earth if the link does not work for you:

15953229755_86c8187d42_c.jpg
[/url]

Muscle Motors Performance Inc

9016 Owensmouth Ave
Canoga Park, CA 91304

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
holy shit good work!!!

out of business. hmmm no wonder. Jesus. thank you so much. ill try to do some more digging .....looks like we might be out of luck talking to them

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
Yes i understand, but when selling them to someone, i understand the uneasy feeling that its still an "uknown cam" you know? not having information or a company behind it, it is just a piece of metal to the buyer. They were sold to me as an FR500 cam. he paid for half of them, then we found out it is an unknown cam. nobodies fault really, but i want to make it a good transaction as that is the right thing to do.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
Numbers on the cams

cm-6273-T46
$114

Cm-6272-T46
$ 150

then on both others the custom engraving is

9254/ 9254 HR109
J 6079-07 cc

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
any machine shop can measure the cams and get you the specs. shit, grab a dial caliper and measure them yourself.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
I understand that guys, but when someone wants to buy them thinking they are " fr500s " or anything else, i can see how not 100% knowing what they are might make someone weary. Just trying to be fair to the buying party/get to the bottom of why this motor was shoddily thrown together and sold to me as something when its not. I just want to build a new one/sell off what i can in an honest manner.

Ponyracer1

Established Member
Unless they have ford #'s on them you will prob never know if they are "fr500" cams. They still may be "custom grinds" that are cut to fr500 specs. Still basically a fr500 cam just not produced by fomoco. Like said above, take them to a decent machine shop and have them measure the lift and duration then look up a fr500 spec. Vioala

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Im pretty sure he moved back to Detroit, and is out of the car scene.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
yah apparently he did and at this point talking to him wouldnt do much good as im sure he had no clue what was actually in the motor.

Seems this muscle motors place wasnt a good source to get ahold of either since they are out of business.

Took everything to phase two today, they are going to dig more into it monday morning. From what they can tell, the intake cams are Comp. For sure. And the exhaust cams he said appear to be factory cobra cams, but they are going to measure and figure out if they have been altered monday as well.

Sigh. I just wanted to buy a blower. lol

Woody6799

Established Member
Weren't there problems with the monster black vert he built too? I remember the buyer posting a thread on here of the car falling apart...?

TRBO VNM

This isn't the first time something like this has happened with him. Yeah, that black vert that was the baddest thing around was not so bad when the buyer brought it to me and we found thousands and thousands of dollar of parts not on the car that should have been.

If he is out of the car scene I am not surprised. I don't think he really knew what he was doing. I tried helping him with some checks and balances when he is trying to deal with modded cars and specifically mustangs. I guess he didn't take my advice.

Users who are viewing this thread