Hotels and homelessness

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Hotels in Massachusetts are housing illegals, to the point military families going to watch the Army Navy game, lost their reservations because the hotels were over booked with illegals.
Screenshot_20231204-234214_Fox%20News.jpeg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Illegal immigrant housing and "affordable" housing being pushed by the Biden Administration is going to bring radical changes to many towns in most states. Here in Cheshire, the Feds pay landowners $500,000 per acre to build affordable housing buildings. It's done fairly quietly and Planning & Zoning makes an exception if it's zoned commercial. There are 2-3 buildings already in process and two large business condo complexes in the center of town are being converted to affordable housing units. Cheshire was always predominantly middle/upper middle class but this push to bring in low income families (and eventually, I'm sure, illegal immigrants) is designed to help ensure the Dems stay in power. The town recently approved a plan to replace two of our schools to service more students and to move the schools to what is now farm land. So.....I wonder what will eventually happen to the old, vacated schools? My best educated guess.....affordable housing or illegal immigrant housing. :mad: By then, it will be too late for the residents to push back. The future of my town, nor this once great country, isn't looking very good.

MG0h3

Established Member
With regards to illegals, do the border states have any laws on the books against coming across the border illegally a crime? Or is it federal only?

Local LE always turns them over to BP or ICE. Well, usually. Depends on what state or locale we’re talking about.

Under this admin, you’re seeing state/local LE try and expand their powers.

I think TX hits them with trespassing.

I’ll try and remember to ask next time I work with DPS.

The only answer is removal, as locking up this many people is impossible. States do not have removal authority.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Meanwhile, property values will slowly start to decrease as the areas become less desirable to live in.

Now what was the term President Trump used for places like that?

Ahh yes..... Shit Hole.....

I guess the truth hurts, but dumbass Democrats don't realize the burden they put on this country. All these migrants should be housed right next door to those dumbass Democrats. Maybe then they will realize what they are doing.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I've had decent luck with Tru by Hilton, as they are a relatively new brand so most are fairly new. Although it's been over 2 years since I last stayed at any hotel.

fitforspeed

Established Member
Illegal immigrant housing and "affordable" housing being pushed by the Biden Administration is going to bring radical changes to many towns in most states. Here in Cheshire, the Feds pay landowners $500,000 per acre to build affordable housing buildings. It's done fairly quietly and Planning & Zoning makes an exception if it's zoned commercial. There are 2-3 buildings already in process and two large business condo complexes in the center of town are being converted to affordable housing units. Cheshire was always predominantly middle/upper middle class but this push to bring in low income families (and eventually, I'm sure, illegal immigrants) is designed to help ensure the Dems stay in power. The town recently approved a plan to replace two of our schools to service more students and to move the schools to what is now farm land. So.....I wonder what will eventually happen to the old, vacated schools? My best educated guess.....affordable housing or illegal immigrant housing. :mad: By then, it will be too late for the residents to push back. The future of my town, nor this once great country, isn't looking very good.

I wonder if this $500k per acre is funding the buying up of all the race tracks that have/are/will close down and conveniently be affordably built to housing illegal immigrants and indoctrinate all the children they bring. Then what? Use all the immigrants to work in the new union jobs building electric vehicles that the immigrants will drive while taking their children to the new schools that were just built for and by them. Should be interesting to see how this all shakes out. And what construction companies are getting the quiet inside info to build these new schools/businesses/housing/medical etc etc? To be sure there is a lot of monkey business going on.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I have looked at buying receivables from hotels relating to housing homeless. NYC has a clause in their city charter that all citizens are entitled to shelter. The result is that the city is required to pay hotels to put homeless up.

They pay with a receivable, which the city settles in 90 days. The hotels charge the rack rate, which is several times more than what they charge paying customers. The hotel then sells the receivable at a ~15% discount to guys like me. I get a investment grade receivable at >60% IRR. The hotel still makes >250% per room what they normally charge.

This program is costing NYC billions of dollars a year and it is going straight into the pockets of hedge funds LOL

Morgan

Established Member
I have looked at buying receivables from hotels relating to housing homeless. NYC has a clause in their city charter that all citizens are entitled to shelter. The result is that the city is required to pay hotels to put homeless up.

They pay with a receivable, which the city settles in 90 days. The hotels charge the rack rate, which is several times more than what they charge paying customers. The hotel then sells the receivable at a ~15% discount to guys like me. I get a investment grade receivable at >60% IRR. The hotel still makes >250% per room what they normally charge.

This program is costing NYC billions of dollars a year and it is going straight into the pockets of hedge funds LOL

When you’re saying “you” and “guys like me”, you’re referring to institutional dollars or as an individual, you?

Morgan

Established Member
institutional dollars

It’s curious that the city’s charter doesn’t address some measure of control for the rate. Guessing it’s written decades ago and this current problem was completely unimaginable.

MG0h3

Established Member
I bet the hotels are charging the ridiculous rate that you always see posted on the inside of the door.

Ever notice it’s like 2-4x what you actually pay.

Edit: guessing this is the rack rate you mentioned

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

Morgan

Established Member
I bet the hotels are charging the ridiculous rate that you always see posted on the inside of the door.

Ever notice it’s like 2-4x what you actually pay.

I don’t think I’ve ever noticed that!

MG0h3

Established Member
I’m actually sitting here watching busload after busload leave.

Next stop is not their final, that’s TBD.

So ****ing stupid it’s unbelievable.

This is no different than spending 20yrs to defeat the Taliban, then giving them everything back.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m actually sitting here watching busload after busload leave.

Next stop is not their final, that’s TBD.

So ****ing stupid it’s unbelievable.

This is no different than spending 20yrs to defeat the Taliban, then giving them everything back.

I’d like to know who the heck is orchestrating this and why they are not being charged? Is there not anyone in the federal government that can put a stop to this?

Users who are viewing this thread