Hot!!!!!

jasoncb07

Established Member
does anyone else have the problem of your the hood stick feeling like molten lava after driving for a few miles??? went to car show a week or so back and hopped out to pop the hood and swear I got 3 degree burns on my fingers... also noticed when driving with the windows down and no ac on that the floorboards of the car get extremely hot... anyone else notice these things?? just me??? let me know. thanks

2014 5.0 track pack
bassani X pipe, res delete, and muffler delete.

jasoncb07

Established Member
on the build list trust me but... it makes me wonder, why is it that hot. lol are they all that way? or is there something wrong with mine??

DaBigBone

Established Member
Well the engine gets to a couple hundred degrees and it's only a foot away from it so...

Oxford5pointoh

Established Member
I have the same problem with the heat on the floor. I'm actually getting headers and will be wrapping them with heatshield header wrap. I sometimes have to turn up the AC on my feet because it's so hot in that area.

As for the prop rod, yeah I had the same experience once. I got the hood struts now but if you look at it the hood prop rod basically sits right over the radiator. So yeah, she gets hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jasoncb07

Established Member
yea I do the same thing. and I hate it really bc I hate the feeling of the clutch when the ac is on and it just feels like it has so much less power. definitely looking at ceramic headers and may need the heat shield as well. thanks

jn2

Established Member
Every day herein Texas. Car doesn't even have to be on. Just going out to it after parking it outside can lead to burns. I usually try and be quick about opening the hood and avoid using your fingertips since they are more sensitive to temperature. That dam prob rod I swear feels like it's on fire too.

noldevin

Established Member
My floor stays cool. The trans tunnel gets pretty warm. And yes the hood prop. It's sitting right over the radiator, what do you expect?

Users who are viewing this thread