Hot or Not? Ford's New GT Supercar Concept Design?

03CobraBro

Established Member
It looks like the next evolutionary step of the Ford GT to me... Whatever that car is, assuming it hits production, will be amazing, and likely something none of us will ever be able to get our hands on anyway. :D

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
I really don't see any fiscal reason why Ford would dump a tremendous amount of money into developing a super car seeing as the last super car they built actually cost them money.

Because they can. That's pretty much the reason the FGT was put into production (along with helping to celebrate Ford's centennial). Ford knew they were going to lose money on the FGT and they still built them.

this is NOT a ford design

OK, you can stop yelling now. :bored:

Last edited:

281cobra

Drive by poster
Established Member
Ford already designed a supercar back in 2006 but decided not to build it. It was called the Shelby GR-1. It was suppose to have a DOHC 6 liter making about 550 hp.

Build it and they wiil come.

Shelby-GR1-Concept-016.jpg

d3m01iti0n

Slow Vehicle Team
Established Member
Please tell me you aren't referring to the Nürburgring Nordschleife

...Nuremberg :nonono:

I was, my apologies to the guy who claims to be a famous BBC employee :dw:

Wherever I read the RS beat the GT was apparently wrong. Still rather have that however, if Ford decides to smarten up.

Last edited:

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
Looks like a cross between the Ford GT and the old GT 90 concept:
gt90_3.jpg

I would love for them to make the GT90. Sadly it's totally impractical and never gonna happen....

Last edited:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
I like it. Okay Ford, build it!

+1!!!...of course I can't afford it (yet) , but go ahead build it. I like the last one in post #2 above. Also, love the current Matech FIA GT1/2 version...one mean looking Ford GT.

We didn't get the "Daisy" or the "GR-1" so a new GT would be nice. Just for fun...put a 6.2 N/A DOHC in it.

Users who are viewing this thread