Hostess Shut down! No more Twinkies or Honey Buns

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Oh yeaa, it's just that easy these days I guess? How about a fair wage and no one has to go looking for a new job.
. I have been offered those wages for some IT jobs which are more skilled that their 17 an hour bread mixer. If you live within your means 12-15 an hour is a livable wage.

For the record the employees made concessions three years ago, what does corporate do with the money. They give each other bonuses and pay raises. Corporate asks the employees for more concessions, this time employees say No Way.

Good for them! Tired of the man taking advantage! Stuff your Ho Ho up your Ding Dong , Twinkie Face !
there has been no evidence that they have done this.

While CEO's and management deserve big pay, this is absurd.
Hostess Blames Union For Bankruptcy After Tripling CEO's Pay | ThinkProgress
That article is a union shill hack piece and there is no evidence that it is even close to true. The company has been in bankruptcy for years and any raises for management would have to go through the court system and no judge would approve them. The article gives no sourcing and I have been unable to find any other verification other than union shill bullshit.

It is also telling that the teamsters have made zero mention of it in their critism of the bakers. Ali's if it were true the teamsters would be blasting it everywhere while the were in talks.

It was poorly dealt with all the way around.
absolutely true

ff500

Established Member
My brother has worked for them for many years as a driver, like I already posted his pay has been cut by a 1/3 during the last few concessions. The workers got fed up with being lied to and went on strike ( my brother didn't strike ). Corporate made sure everyone got their money with bonuses and raises in last year, this has been coming for about 3 years.

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
I work at a grocery store... Guy offered me 100 bucks for a box of twinkies last night.

Then another called...

"Do you have any twinkies?"
"No, sold out"
"why??"
"....Because a giant brown recluse stole them and took off in his solstice"

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I dont really eat their stuff,but every kid should have a twinkie at least once.

agreed. my infant son will never know what a twinkie is? no twinkies or cup cakes for treats after the soccer game?? :(

my gf was at walmart yesterday and said the shelves were already pretty bare. she grabbed a box of cup cakes and twinkies with chocolate filling. i asked her if they'd still have some at the factory that they'll still be sending out and she said no probably not. they move everything quickly and dont keep any stock. what's at the stores right now is pretty much IT.

and its not just hostess. wonder bread (the division my gf actually worked for) makes lots of different breads including Roman Meal and some other ones you guys have back east that we dont have. its not just the junk food treats that are going away but quite a few different brands of breads as well.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I work at a grocery store... Guy offered me 100 bucks for a box of twinkies last night.

thats crazy lol. id like to grab some more hostess goodies before theyre all gone but i wont pay a dime over what they sell for retail.

especially if there is a chance they could come back under new ownership.

i always wondered what a deep fried twinkie tastes like. anyone ever have one?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
My brother has worked for them for many years as a driver, like I already posted his pay has been cut by a 1/3 during the last few concessions. The workers got fed up with being lied to and went on strike ( my brother didn't strike ). Corporate made sure everyone got their money with bonuses and raises in last year, this has been coming for about 3 years.
I am going to call :bs: on the red part. unless you have some credible proof other than rumors perpetrated by disgruntled employees

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
I knew retards were gonna make a run for the stores. Great thing about capitalism folks, a new company will rise in its place.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
I am going to call :bs: on the red part. unless you have some credible proof other than rumors perpetrated by disgruntled employees

When's the last time upper management didn't get screwed in a failed company?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
When's the last time upper management didn't get screwed in a failed company?
yeah and this situation was a little bit different since it is a privately held company so I imagine the hit the owners took was bigger than most

Grif62

Established Member
293745_418483764889809_1832100240_n.jpg

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
thats crazy lol. id like to grab some more hostess goodies before theyre all gone but i wont pay a dime over what they sell for retail.

especially if there is a chance they could come back under new ownership.

i always wondered what a deep fried twinkie tastes like. anyone ever have one?

Im sure they will come back! But I still bought the last box of ringdings we had.

1hot281

Established Member
Never thought I'd see the day where I'd make a pretty penny flipping snack cakes... I mean, maybe if I was smuggling them in to a Fat Camp... but you can flip boxes of Twinkies on eBay in 24 hours and double your money easy.

Last

Established Member
Yeah, Hostess still owns all the rights and they will sell those off and make a ton of money.

ff500

Established Member
All you need to do is go back a few pages , someone already posted a link to the shady dealings of the CEOs . My brothers not disgruntled he don't give a crap. This hurts the executives more than employees, their pays been cut so bad that they'd make more collecting, not the same for the execs.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
All you need to do is go back a few pages , someone already posted a link to the shady dealings of the CEOs . My brothers not disgruntled he don't give a crap. This hurts the executives more than employees, their pays been cut so bad that they'd make more collecting, not the same for the execs.

upper management gave themselves raises during this fiasco...some peoples income tripled from 750k to 2.5 mil a year...and they blame everyone else

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member

upper management gave themselves raises during this fiasco...some peoples income tripled from 750k to 2.5 mil a year...and they blame everyone else

That article is about as reliable as a blind lifeguard. :rollseyes

Find just one CREDIBLE source which backs up that articles statements about the CEO and management getting a pay raise.

U.M.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I look at it like this, Hostess has been down this road before, this is their second bankruptcy filing in the past 10 years. If the management couldn't make it work after the first bankruptcy it's only fitting they go out and another company take over the reigns. Bimbo foods will most likely purchase the assets, keep the trade name, shave away the bad and keep the good. They will come out a leaner meaner machine, we'll still get our twinkies to boot.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
I wouldn't hate on the employees too much. If you can imagine working anywhere when you keep losing pay scale over years. A medium average employee at Hostess was at one time knocking down $48,000.00, then they were forced to drop to $30,000.00 over the last 8-9years, mostly through federal arbitration. The company wanted them to drop to $27,000.00 this last time.

I wouldn't hate on the company either. As a part of federal arbitration it is clear they were able to make money, but not enough to pay share holders much, and so little that they had started to dip into the employee’s pension program to try and save the business. If they could make money at it, they would not have closed.

Plant capacity at most locations was well above production. People just are not buying Twinkees like they used to. :shrug:

Really, another victim in the health care movement (first was coconut popcorn oil IMO).

They might have well been making great tasting cancer.

E

Users who are viewing this thread