Established Member
Its not the same bro... its just not the same

2ztf.jpg

:D Its gonna be alright podnah.....

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
the bakers union wasnt willing to make concessions at all. their stubborness backfired on them. my gf used to work there and still has friends that do. pretty sad news..

let alone the fact that there will be no more Chocodiles! :whine: my favorite when i was a kid. bimbo has a version but its not the same
2-2.jpg

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
This was a long time coming. I have a friend who...well..used to work there. Shitty pay, shitty health care, shitty hours, management turnover, and the facilities were a joke. Cant get something out of nothing though.

Survival of the fittest.

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't want to lose my job. It's Christmas time," said 23-year-old Daniel Smith, who makes $11.64 an hour at the plant. "But if I have to take the cuts they're talking about I can get more from unemployment."

...and there you have it. 18,000 new Obama supporters were created today. Go UNIONS! YAY!

this is the NEW thought process that's going to finish off this country....
sad thing is, it's a TRUE statement :nonono:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I forgot about them to be honest. That's too bad!

TastyKake is the best. I remember getting them at the Phillie games as a kid. MmmmMmm.

I knew i would have to read the whole thread before saying it myself. TastyKake FTW!

Will miss Kandy Kakes tho.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Invest in Mexican based Grupo Bimbo bakeries! They currently bought out Sara Lee and are now the largest bakery in the US. Invest overseas because America is screwed.

U.M.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
This was a long time coming. I have a friend who...well..used to work there. Shitty pay, shitty health care, shitty hours, management turnover, and the facilities were a joke. Cant get something out of nothing though.

Survival of the fittest.

That's what I heard from some of the employees in town. They'd work them in shitty conditions for 10-12 hours a day for minimum wage, never give raises, no health care, etc...

They said they knew it was going to hit the fan when they actually stopped paying them 2 weeks before the strike. They figured that's what precipitated this.

This is one of the situations where I would actually be glad to see the employees get more. This wasn't like the UAW demanding to keep their $30/hr production positions with full benefits. This was a bunch of people struggling to make ends meet getting walked all over.

Oh well. You can bet these jobs are either going overseas, or getting bought out with an all new non-union workforce that's going to get treated even worse. Sad to see this is the state of American manufacturing.

And I am sure going to miss sno-balls.

ff500

Established Member
My brother lost his job today, to blame the unions is ridiculous. His pay was cut by a over a third over the last few years and it still wasn't enough for the greedy corporate scumbags.

Don't worry they'll be selling off most of the brands to other companies, you'll still be able to get your twinkles.

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
How is it the unions fault? Maybe the Ceo's and big shots of the company should try working for shitty pay and terrible working conditions. God forbid people ask for a fair wage. Jesus Christ if I was making $11.64 an hour I would be on strike too.

Last edited:

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
My brother lost his job today, to blame the unions is ridiculous. His pay was cut by a over a third over the last few years and it still wasn't enough for the greedy corporate scumbags.

+1

Greed is one thing but it sounds like the employees were getting raped and the company didn't have the decency to use lube. :nonono:

CSD

Banned
I'm not a fan of Obama at all but this was caused by a strike not Obama.

+1 The union not working out a contract forced the strike, thus forcing Hostess to shut down. I'd love to hear Hybred's reasoning for saying Obama is to blame

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
+1

Greed is one thing but it sounds like the employees were getting raped and the company didn't have the decency to use lube. :nonono:

UPDATE 1-Liquidation threat looms for Twinkies maker Hostess | Reuters

"We want to go back to work. But all I've done since I've been here is give," said 35-year-old Dan Carlson, who mixes dough in the Lenexa plant for $17 an hour and has worked with Hostess for six years. "We can't keep giving."

$17/hr to mix dough sure sounds like rape to me....

Users who are viewing this thread