Horn Stop Working After Header Install

AutoRed5.0

Established Member
I just installed my Longtube headers & now my horn doesn't work at all
Have this happened to anyone before? Any idea what it could be?
I looked in the manual for the fuse but I didn't see it say anything about a horn fuse

jn2

Established Member
do the button on the steering wheel work? if you didn't lock the steering wheel you could have destroyed the clock spring behind the steering wheel(which you cannot see, just know that turning the wheel with rip that cord to pieces)

AutoRed5.0

Established Member
do the button on the steering wheel work? if you didn't lock the steering wheel you could have destroyed the clock spring behind the steering wheel(which you cannot see, just know that turning the wheel with rip that cord to pieces)

I locked the steering wheel, when I hit the horn I can hear a click coming from under the glove box

Lemonth

Established Member
Do your steering wheels lights/buttons still work? Did you remove the k-member when installing the headers?

AutoRed5.0

Established Member
Do your steering wheels lights/buttons still work? Did you remove the k-member when installing the headers?

Yeah everything works normal on the steering wheel, Cruise control, radio volume, etc
I didn't remove the k member, I did remove the steering shaft but I locked the steering wheel
When I hit the horn it would make a click noise from under the glove box

Last edited:

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Sorry for the late response man. Had to go to work. He said it was right next to the horn. Lemme ask someone else to make sure tho.

He said either in the engine bay or the passenger foot panel. Also check the wiring to make sure nothing got cut. Sounds to me though like a wire casing came off and the wire itself is grounding out. Good luck buddy let me know.

Lemonth

Established Member
I saw this on another thread where someones horn stopped working (his was after a brake duct install), knocked a wire loose. I guess one of the easiest options would be to make sure it's still connected to your horn, the horns are located on the front left side under the fender. You can see it if you take off the bottom tray.

"if you can hear a click it's prob not the relay, if you want find the horn check for a loose wire, also on most horns will be an adjusting screw give that a turn..."

Also the fuse might be #24 (20A). Check this out, it may help you out. http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=993&viewfile=Horn.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread