Hopping on the correction train soon

GoFastZ

Established Member
Thank you for your response.

I'd like to first start off by saying the work you do is impressive. All of the cars are immaculate. I never passed judgement, I just provide a perspective from a 3rd party. Most exotics and higher end cars are typically well taken care of. Some are abused. A car driven daily in winter, spring, summer and fall and have a lot of miles are harder to keep clean.

I should have explained what I meant about advertising. You did not. The guy that vouched for you had a thing in his signature that was removed for un-pain advertising of services or something thereof.

My post was against several people here that were forcing their opinion as being factual and not geared directly at you.

I have no issue with your post, and now that you've responded you seem very laid back and humble, which I respect.

There are a lot of cocky guys in the detailing section that worked on a few cars or read reviews online or heard from a friend about certain things working certain ways, etc. I don't brag or talk about my detailing as it is PURELY a once and a great while thing I do, but, I take extreme pride in what I do and stand by my work and opinions.

My hat is off to you.

:beer:

Thanks Grabber. I appreciate the kind words. Hope I didn't come off too strong in my response lol. :)

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
So this is one of those sites where post count = instant knowledge.... good to know. Curious what a trader rating has to do with actual technical knowledge........ Car show awards....I've been to Pebble Beach and Concours d'Elegance AND The Quail and can attest that 95% of the cars at these events (which are the pinnacle of automotive perfection and aweomeness) are swirled up and need SERIOUS correction work. What really counts is real world experience and real photos to show you know what you're doing.

AWDLS2 knows exactly what he's talking about. I've had him help me on numerous high end cars and he can perform at a very high level. Far beyond the junkman's skills. Now I'm not blasting junkman as he is knowledgeable and capable, but its very good work vs flawless work.

That being said, I've used every machine in the industry VERY thoroughly over the last 10 years, and the Rupes 21 is the best machine I've ever used. Is it the most powerful? No. Is max power a real world concern? No. In reality lower speed often produces better results. Too many people spin their machines at too high a speed to try and get things done faster and its usually counter productive, especially with a non-diminishing abrasive product. As for the machine "bogging down", that's a safety feature....helps to keep you from going too aggressive when you reach a sudden panel change where you could do damage. This is where the FLEX falls short and can easily do damage. The counter-clockwise rotation of the FLEX also makes the machine more difficult to handle and move smoothly. Comparing the FLEX to the Rupes is like comparing a C5 to a C7 vette.... totally different machine and they operate differently. The FLEX is a good machine, but its not in the same league as the Rupes 21. Now the Rupes 21 is not ideal to small areas (neither is the FLEX), so they introduced the LHR75 and Duetto and Mini....all of which are extremely capable machines and trounce the competition. And if anyone has used the Rupes but hasn't done the washer mod, you're seriously missing out on what the machine is capable of...

Ok, since I'm new here, these are places I'm well known....

NorcalLSX – 8,337
LS1tech – 3,291 (plus started a successful 122 page thread for giving help in detailing where people could ask a pro questions)
CorvetteForum – 1,162
Bay Area Riders Forum – 1,430
Luxury4Play - 473
Autopia.org – 1,385
Autogeek - 651
Detailing Bliss - 378
AutopiaForums – 915

And most of these sites I’ve been a member for 5+ years. Some 10+.

As for pics.... since you asked SO kindly.

These are in Carmel during the Concours this year. A few of my clients drove in and asked if I could give their cars a very quick cleanup, so I did. Not a detail (as they all needed it), but you gonna say no to an F40?

Carmel013.jpg

Carmel019.jpg

Carmel021.jpg

Carmel026.jpg

Carmel065.jpg

Oh yeah.....I've totally never been to Concours or the Quail either....... oh wait...

Carmel126.jpg

Carmel127.jpg

Carmel129.jpg

Carmel130.jpg

Carmel131.jpg

Carmel132.jpg

Carmel136.jpg

Carmel137.jpg

Carmel138.jpg

Carmel139.jpg

Carmel140.jpg

Carmel143.jpg

Carmel144.jpg

Carmel145.jpg

Carmel146.jpg

Carmel148.jpg

Carmel149.jpg

Carmel150.jpg

Carmel168.jpg

Carmel169.jpg

Carmel173.jpg

Carmel183.jpg

Carmel185.jpg

Carmel190.jpg

Carmel191.jpg

Carmel192.jpg

Carmel193.jpg

Carmel194.jpg

Carmel199.jpg

Carmel205.jpg

Carmel213.jpg

Carmel214.jpg

Carmel216.jpg

Carmel236.jpg

Carmel251.jpg

Carmel266.jpg

Carmel297.jpg

Carmel301.jpg

Carmel305.jpg

Carmel311.jpg

Carmel315.jpg

Carmel348.jpg

Carmel357.jpg

Carmel365.jpg

Carmel386.jpg

Carmel388.jpg

Carmel391.jpg

And here is just a handful from SEMA this year.....

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0177.jpg

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0264.jpg

DSC_0271.jpg

DSC_0308.jpg

So his post count cant equal greatness but your photos of swirled cars do?????? :shrug:

GoFastZ

Established Member
So his post count cant equal greatness but your photos of swirled cars do?????? :shrug:

I never said it can't. What I was saying is that it doesn't automatically equal that. It's not all encompassing.

As for swirled up cars....not sure what your point is....I didn't do correction work in the 4 cars that I worked on. And I'm not claiming nor responsible for the swirls on all the other cars.

I could show you my expertise with my writeups but as I'm not a sponsor yet it wouldn't be good manners. I understand if you wanna call me out to defend your buddy. It's ok.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I never said it can't. What I was saying is that it doesn't automatically equal that. It's not all encompassing.

As for swirled up cars....not sure what your point is....I didn't do correction work in the 4 cars that I worked on. And I'm not claiming nor responsible for the swirls on all the other cars.

I could show you my expertise with my writeups but as I'm not a sponsor yet it wouldn't be good manners. I understand if you wanna call me out to defend your buddy. It's ok.
I don't get the point of bringing up your posts on other forums when you just told a member here that it doesn't matter. and as to you putting up 100s of photos of cars you didn't even touch I don't see the point. you come off as extremely cocky and arrogant. and write-ups on what? how to become well known on a forum? write-ups don't equal detailing greatness either in my book.

you sir are a hypocrite saying that his posts are instant knowledge and yet you come back with your post counts? yeah ok that makes a lot of sense....

GoFastZ

Established Member
Ok, I will explain this again, as politely and concisely as possible, even though you were less than polite and totally off-base in what you said about me.

I don't get the point of bringing up your posts on other forums when you just told a member here that it doesn't matter.

The point being (listen carefully since you missed it last time) that he said I have no credibility because I don't have many posts here. Again equating POST COUNT with real knowledge. How many post whores on forums are extremely knowledgeable? I'm sure some are, but saying that X-many posts = greatness/intelligence/experience is just plain silly. His premise was his knowledge because of his post count and because my count was low that I was an idiot....so I showed him that was not the case. IMO, post count doesn't mean crap. It was an example, not a statement of I'm super duper awesome.

and as to you putting up 100s of photos of cars you didn't even touch I don't see the point.

Its 63. A far cry from HUNDREDS. :dw:
The point? He called me out as a liar that I had not done the things I said nor been to the events I said. So I showed PROOF that he was wrong. I haven't seen any proof of his skills except a pic of a trophy.... :shrug:

and write-ups on what?

Writeups showing the detailing process, start to finish. Before, during, and after shots in multiple lighting conditions to prove work was accomplished.

how to become well known on a forum?

Nope

write-ups don't equal detailing greatness either in my book.

LOL ok...... so tell me what does equate detailing greatness in your book? Where can I buy this book?

you sir are a hypocrite saying that his posts are instant knowledge and yet you come back with your post counts?

I think you meant "aren't instant knowledge....yes?
See above answer on post counts. They mean nothing. I'm sure there are lurkers here with VAST knowledge that will trump the uber high post count guys, yet they have 0 posts or very few. The frequency with which one speaks doesn't equal intelligence. There were some really talkative guys on the football team too that shared their words constantly almost non-stop....and a few of them missed the graduation train. So again, post count doesn't mean crap. I was using his argument to make a point, not bolster my own rep.

btw, I took a somewhat short and sarcastic tone because of the way you responded, with disdain, disrespect, and just being kinda rude.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Ok, since I'm new here, these are places I'm well known....

NorcalLSX – 8,337
LS1tech – 3,291 (plus started a successful 122 page thread for giving help in detailing where people could ask a pro questions)
CorvetteForum – 1,162
Bay Area Riders Forum – 1,430
Luxury4Play - 473
Autopia.org – 1,385
Autogeek - 651
Detailing Bliss - 378
AutopiaForums – 915

And most of these sites I’ve been a member for 5+ years. Some 10+.

And I am sure they don't like you there either :rolling:

I can take pics at car shows too. I think you lost your binkie and just had a bad day(s). You actually might know what you are talking about, but the original argument that there are "light years" difference between the Flex and Rupes simply does not hold water.

GoFastZ

Established Member

I can take pics at car shows too. I think you lost your binkie and just had a bad day(s). You actually might know what you are talking about, but the original argument that there are "light years" difference between the Flex and Rupes simply does not hold water.

worflol.gif

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Ok, I will explain this again, as politely and concisely as possible, even though you were less than polite and totally off-base in what you said about me.

I like to be clear and to the point unlike so people in this thread. I think you get my drift....

The point being (listen carefully since you missed it last time) that he said I have no credibility because I don't have many posts here. Again equating POST COUNT with real knowledge. How many post whores on forums are extremely knowledgeable? I'm sure some are, but saying that X-many posts = greatness/intelligence/experience is just plain silly. His premise was his knowledge because of his post count and because my count was low that I was an idiot....so I showed him that was not the case. IMO, post count doesn't mean crap. It was an example, not a statement of I'm super duper awesome.

Then you are one of the post whores on several sites so you are one of the extremely knowledgeable? oh ok I see. and if post count didn't mean "CRAP" you would have put you were just a member at other well known forums for example (without the posts counts and just say I have years of experience, remember post counts mean nothing yet you put your high ones here!)

NorcalLSX
LS1tech
CorvetteForum
Bay Area Riders Forum
Luxury4Play
Autopia.org
Autogeek
Detailing Bliss
AutopiaForums

Its 63. A far cry from HUNDREDS. :dw:
The point? He called me out as a liar that I had not done the things I said nor been to the events I said. So I showed PROOF that he was wrong. I haven't seen any proof of his skills except a pic of a trophy.... :shrug:

63 in a thread that isn't a photo thread? Yeah ok you could have showed 5 or 10 not 63!!! :bored:

Writeups showing the detailing process, start to finish. Before, during, and after shots in multiple lighting conditions to prove work was accomplished.

LOL ok...... so tell me what does equate detailing greatness in your book? Where can I buy this book?

I've seen plenty of photos of "professional detailed cars" and in person they look awful so no way a write-up does anything for me

I think you meant "aren't instant knowledge....yes?
See above answer on post counts. They mean nothing. I'm sure there are lurkers here with VAST knowledge that will trump the uber high post count guys, yet they have 0 posts or very few. The frequency with which one speaks doesn't equal intelligence. There were some really talkative guys on the football team too that shared their words constantly almost non-stop....and a few of them missed the graduation train. So again, post count doesn't mean crap. I was using his argument to make a point, not bolster my own rep.

btw, I took a somewhat short and sarcastic tone because of the way you responded, with disdain, disrespect, and just being kinda rude.

I am not saying post count gives you glory or not but you are completely off base and hypocritical.

AND BTW I am short and to the point I am not a post whore on ANY SITE

Chewy

Established Member

Actually, I follow Jeff on several of the detailing forums and Facebook and he's been viewed as a highly respected detailer for many years. He's one of the pioneers in hard core paint correction and his write ups show it quite clearly. Speaking of which, I haven't seen a reputable detailer using or endorsing a Flex in several years. They all pretty much use Rupes as their dedicated machine. 21mm vs 8 mm of throw is a huge difference and really not comparable when used properly.

Last edited:

GoFastZ

Established Member
Well if you are Trekkie you can't be all that bad. A little mouthy maybe but you have redemption.

Lol could be....

I'm not here to troll or make trouble. I genuinely love what I do and like to help where I can. Kinda why I started that book of a thread on LS1tech. I'm just here to give helpful advice where I can and enjoy another forum. :)

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
let me just throw this out there. if you have a c6 z06 and are a LS person on several LS forums why did you decide to join an svt/ford forum?????? couldn't get enough praise from chevy folk???

GoFastZ

Established Member
let me just throw this out there. if you have a c6 z06 and are a LS person on several LS forums why did you decide to join an svt/ford forum?????? couldn't get enough praise from chevy folk???

Because I have an appreciation for fast cars.
We have ford guys on our sites too.
Not seeking praise lol. Just here to enjoy the site. No need to get butthurt about it luke.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
One of the few, if not only, times I've seen a flame fest worthy of smack down in the show'n shine saloon. Lol. Congrats guys! :fart:

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Lol at how this thread turned out. I put this off even longer for some reason so I decided to update the list instead of what I originally had. New one is:

-PC7424XP with 5'' backing plate
-2 Lake Country Heavy Polishing Pad, Green 5.25''
-2 Lake Country Light Medium Polishing Pad, White 5.25''
-JetSeal 109
-2 Lake Country Finishing Pad, Black 5.25''
-Megs 105/205
-Pete's 53
-Microfibers

Am I missing anything on that list? With the 105/205, I'll be using the 105 first with the green pad, then 205 with the white (or do I have it backwards?), then black with the JetSeal and I'll apply Pete's 53 by hand.

Chewy

Established Member
I'd get some Meg's Microfiber pads for correction. Works really well with M105.

Also, it's up to you, but no real need to top a sealant with a wax. Concentrate on making the paint look as nice as possible rather then extra toppers.

Adower

Established Member
Lol at how this thread turned out. I put this off even longer for some reason so I decided to update the list instead of what I originally had. New one is:

-PC7424XP with 5'' backing plate
-2 Lake Country Heavy Polishing Pad, Green 5.25''
-2 Lake Country Light Medium Polishing Pad, White 5.25''
-JetSeal 109
-2 Lake Country Finishing Pad, Black 5.25''
-Megs 105/205
-Pete's 53
-Microfibers

Am I missing anything on that list? With the 105/205, I'll be using the 105 first with the green pad, then 205 with the white (or do I have it backwards?), then black with the JetSeal and I'll apply Pete's 53 by hand.

Do a test panel. You want to start with the least aggressive first and go from there. I'd do 205 with white 205 with green. 105 with white 105 green. See what results you get from each step and if you need more correction go lower.

Users who are viewing this thread