Hoosiers or Nitto's

AutoRed5.0

Established Member
So I'm debating on what tires to put on my 15x8 Racestars
Which drag radial would be better to go with, Hoosier Drag Radial or Nitto NT555R?
The Hoosiers are about $200 more than the NT555R's
Or should I just go with some slicks
I do mostly street racing at "The Pad" in New Orleans for all those that watch street outlaws you know where I'm talking about

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
What's up bro! I would do the nitto. Looked at some google images of the hoosier and they look like a slick nothing on them lol. I guess that could be good grip wise though.

AutoRed5.0

Established Member
What's up bro! I would do the nitto. Looked at some google images of the hoosier and they look like a slick nothing on them lol. I guess that could be good grip wise though.

What's good bro, it's been awhile
I just ordered the Nitto's, Got a real good deal on them so we'll see how they perform
Yeah it's a good thing on the street, my NT05R's hooked dead good with 0% life on the street but on the track I stayed in one spot the whole time spinning like crazy

vortecd

Established Member
I run the Nitto's on the street and the Hoosiers at the track

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
What's good bro, it's been awhile
I just ordered the Nitto's, Got a real good deal on them so we'll see how they perform
Yeah it's a good thing on the street, my NT05R's hooked dead good with 0% life on the street but on the track I stayed in one spot the whole time spinning like crazy

Good for you man! I want to do a 15x8 but haven't really seen one that fits the big rear brakes. I'm upgrading them soon so I wanted to get something i could keep. I also want to get a drag related tire for my stock 19x8.5 so i can actually go to the track, but haven't really found anything except toyo r888's in 265/35/19. Not sure if they would fit.

vortecd

Established Member
How does your Nitto's hook on the street?

Not bad. I run them on the street cause they are a great rain tire and I drive the car every day. If your car in N/A they should hook real well. At the track they are hit or miss so I bought the Hoosiers which hook every time

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Was never a fan of the nt555r's for the track. Street yes but not the track. I feel the nt05r's are better for the track, which I have. And I have used both. MT DR's would be even better.

vortecd

Established Member
the needs of every combo are different. When my '13 was stock it hooked fine on the stock tires. I few bolt ons with a auto Nitto's should be plenty. With a power adder something more aggressive may be needed. For the street the Nitto's are by far the best rain DR out there. My car isn't a weekend cruiser so it does see rain. Drove through some heavy rain last night and never doubted I would be in trouble. I would never even think of going 70mph on any other DR in the rain

Users who are viewing this thread