Hoosier Drag Radial

Future 5.0

Established Member
Ok, I'm in the market for a new traction setup. I think I'm going to indulge in some Bogarts.

Anyone ran or been around Hoosier DOT DR's? I'm looking at the 315-60-15. Comparatively speaking, this tire is 9 lbs lighter than MT ET Street. . .

DOTDRS2.jpg

DOTDRS.jpg

WARNING: D.O.T. labeled Hoosier Racing Tires meet Department of Transportation requirements for marking and performance only and are NOT INTENDED FOR HIGHWAY USE

Have you ran them? What do you think about this tire? Would you take it out for street blasts?

cobra2547

Established Member
I have them on my 98 cobra 335/35/17. I have ran deep in the 10s with them and they my street driven tires. I stay away from the rain though.

Future 5.0

Established Member
Well, the QTP is a different tire, essentially cheater slick. As for searching, there isn't much on the board about the dot DR or on the net for the matter. I'm set on running them come spring. I just can't believe how heavy the MT's are :nono:

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Well, the QTP is a different tire, essentially cheater slick. As for searching, there isn't much on the board about the dot DR or on the net for the matter. I'm set on running them come spring. I just can't believe how heavy the MT's are :nono:

mickeys are more of a street/ strip tire... the hoosier radials are truely meant for DOT tire racing classes. they are DOT approved for performance and markings from what i understand but are not meant for highway use. lots of good info on yellowbullet about drag radials

Future 5.0

Established Member
mickeys are more of a street/ strip tire... the hoosier radials are truely meant for DOT tire racing classes. they are DOT approved for performance and markings from what i understand but are not meant for highway use. lots of good info on yellowbullet about drag radials
So, when they say not 'meant' though marked DOT are they legal?

I do a bit of reading on YB, though the admin has the registry blocked for some time now. . .

I drive my car on the street with them.

What kind of pressure do you run on the street/ track? 25ish street, 18 track?

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I'm interested in this as well...I'm looking for as much traction as possible on a DOT approved tire for my build.

edit: I've also been reading on their a lot recently since I planned out my F2 ProCharger build..but also noticed that I am unable to register :/

Last edited:

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
So, when they say not 'meant' though marked DOT are they legal?

I do a bit of reading on YB, though the admin has the registry blocked for some time now. . .

What kind of pressure do you run on the street/ track? 25ish street, 18 track?

depends on the cop who pulls you over and how good of a mood he's in honestly. you can get busted for tread depth if he's picky

Users who are viewing this thread