Hood vents

PM-Performance

Established Member
For those of you who have removed the weather strip from the rear cowl area, have you noticed an increase in heat coming through your vents inside the car? I realize some won't care about this, but I notice warmer vent air after running a bit even with the weatherstrip in place. Warmer air would also make it harder for the a/c if you aren't recirculating the air in the cabin.

I normally keep my vents closed, but I havent noticed anything permeating into the car per say. I think I can feel more heat radiating around the window though when down.
Honestly, I do not think this is even a worth wild thing to do. I have seen ZERO change from removing mine.

merkyworks

Established Member
For those of you who have removed the weather strip from the rear cowl area, have you noticed an increase in heat coming through your vents inside the car? I realize some won't care about this, but I notice warmer vent air after running a bit even with the weatherstrip in place. Warmer air would also make it harder for the a/c if you aren't recirculating the air in the cabin.

Live in Texas so I have plenty of hot weather testing on this. Generally speaking the ambient air already so damn hot the air coming out the cowl doesn't really make a difference for outside vent a/c. That said because the ambient air is so damn hot I always have a/c set to max/recycle air so it doesn't pull from outside.

The only negative I have experienced is when its rains and the outside temp drops a few degree. When I'm at a stoplight the hot air from the cowl will start to fog up the outside bottom of the windshield but once I get moving this goes away so no big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread