Hood Strut Users..Watcha Rockin'?

RC-5.0

Established Member

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Thanks SID...Now that you put that link, I DO remember that way back, just didn't realize that's what it was.

That's what I have now..but like I said..I clamped a light to the hood and it's collapsing already.

NOBODY with pics of their own REDLINES?

RC

Post #20

08mojo

Established Member
Thanks SID...Now that you put that link, I DO remember that way back, just didn't realize that's what it was.

That's what I have now..but like I said..I clamped a light to the hood and it's collapsing already.

NOBODY with pics of their own REDLINES?

RC

:shrug:Sid's pics are pretty good. Not sure what else you are trying to see with the redlines.

Buggywhips

Established Member
I had the color matching MMD ones and they weren't strong enough to hold up my hood (stock). I was sent two sets of replacement shocks to no avail. So I switched over to the JLT color matched ones which I believe is the same as the Redline kit just with painted parts. No drilling and 10 minute install. They have worked flawlessly so far.

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
I have the MMDs and they don't quite align properly. They seem to sit too far inboard, meaning they don't sit flush with the vertical portion of the inner fender or whatever. I'm going to have to get something to sandwich between the vertical part of the lower mount and the vertical part of the inner fender.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I'm running the polished Redline's. Perfect stiffness for the hood. I removed the stickers and put a serious polish job on them and they look great!

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
here are the redline installed best ones on the market !!! Sorry about the car being so dirty, and the damn pollen from my oak trees is ridiculous!!! NO DRILLING DIRECT BOLT IN !!!

IMG_20140227_135342262.jpg

IMG_20140227_135405763.jpg

IMG_20140227_135417131.jpg

Anyone with Redline pics installed?
RC

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread