Hood mod - Variation

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
attachment.php
:xpl:

My god son, what the !@#$ happened to that blanket! smile..

Second time around looks goods. It looks like you used the same material I used. Mine was labeled body trim.

gud2goe

Established Member
yea i bought mine from skstang also. i bought 20ft just to have extra. it really finishes off nicely. i did paint my COBRA but silver because min grey woulnt show up

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
would some one please tell me what this hood blanket mod is all about???? I'm lost but thats nothin new :)

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by jumpincactus
would some one please tell me what this hood blanket mod is all about???? I'm lost but thats nothin new :)
In the upper right corner there is a search button. Click it and then type on hood blanket.

2003snake

Established Member
It gives your hood vents more functionality than how they came from the factory.

You actually end up making the holes larger in the liner that's attached on the underside of your hood so that the heat can escape better.

This is done in addition to cutting the flaps that keep most of the hot air in the engine bay.

J

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
Originally posted by jumpincactus

Do a search for the user postban and click on the blankie mod he has in his signature. He's got good instructions with picts.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Also when you do the cutting part of the mod...make sure you cut on the underside of the blanket. The silver side...it cuts perfectly clean from that side with a sheetrock knife. You just need to cut along the existing pattern that is there to have the vents completely open to vent out all that hot air.
Its really pretty simple. I have a pic and some directions shown on my site in "My 2003 Cobra" area.
Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by HotRodHarry
Also when you do the cutting part of the mod...make sure you cut on the underside of the blanket. The silver side...it cuts perfectly clean from that side with a sheetrock knife. You just need to cut along the existing pattern that is there to have the vents completely open to vent out all that hot air.
Its really pretty simple. I have a pic and some directions shown on my site in "My 2003 Cobra" area.
Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

You are absolutely right. After reading all this for the blankie mod. I took off my hibernation gown and went to the garage with tools in hand.
Used a old tool I have for removing interior panels, kinda like a Y that is wide and stepped up for leverage. Simply slide the flat part under, rock, pull out with fingers.
Took 20 minutes and also lightly painted the blankie with the black engine paint. Covers up all of the stains and makes the blankie look better that new. Btw I think the blankie has to stay on there, leaving it off just looks a#SS imho
Now to put on the edging tomorrow morning.
Paint the letters yellow.
Pictures coming

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Same stuff I used. Coleman on this board bought it from a boating supply store over the Internet. We had a GTG and 5 or 6 of us did our hood blanket mod with what was left over. Looks good, but I found after a few hundred miles, check the crimps again. Mine started trying to slip around the areas I had to make sharp bends.

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
I need to buy some of that flex trim stuff. I've done the hood mod, but I don't have the trim.

Users who are viewing this thread