Hood for 3.4 whipple

cohhbra

Established Member
I was going to change out my hood for a 2.5" 95' cobra r hood because my car got hit in the front. This hood would be necessary if I were to put a 3.4 in the car down the road a little wouldn't it?

As in, I wouldn't be able to keep the stock hood if I wanted a 3.4 whipple

cbr repsol

Established Member
I was going to change out my hood for a 2.5" 95' cobra r hood because my car got hit in the front. This hood would be necessary if I were to put a 3.4 in the car down the road a little wouldn't it?

As in, I wouldn't be able to keep the stock hood if I wanted a 3.4 whipple

plenty of guys run the 3.4 with the stock hood. You just have to cut a small section where the pulley goes if your running a large pulley for lower boost.

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
Whipple will fit under stock hood. Not to mention that if your car is an 03-04 cobra, the hood off of the -95 mustang will not mesh up since its a different bodystyle. 99-04 were new edge bodystyles. It may physically bolt up, but it won't look right with the different bodystyle.

black 10th vert

Established Member
plenty of guys run the 3.4 with the stock hood. You just have to cut a small section where the pulley goes if your running a large pulley for lower boost.

^this! I have seen some with a small section of that center rib on the underside of the hood cut for clearance. You could probably do it with some k-member spacers also - not sure on that, though. Either way would be preferable to losing the stock hood for me anyway.

TRBO VNM

As black said, kmember spacers and be done. MM sells two different thicknesses and are very good quality/kit.

Users who are viewing this thread