Hood Canal Cruise

03rocks

Established Member
The plan is to meet up at 10am Saturday December 7th at the Albertsons parking lot in Gig Harbor off of Olympic Drive on the West side of Highway 16. We'll get to know one another, make sure we have a fresh cup of joe and a full tank of gas there. From there we'll go north on the highway a few miles to Purdy where we'll turn east and use the back roads to make our way over to Highway 101 just north of Shelton. The ride up 101 will be curvy and we'll be able to take in some great views of the Hood Canal and if the weather cooperates the Cascades. When we get to highway 104 we'll turn East and cross the Hood canal bridge back to the Kitsap Pininsula and connect up with Highway 3 South. We'll then turn East on Big Valley road and head towards Poulsbo where we can meet up at the Poulsbo waterfront for a final photo opportunity. Those of us that'll be headed back to the Seattle area can then cruise to Bainbridge Island or Kingston and ride the ferry back home.

Along the way I'm sure we'll stop several times for photo's and lunch.

Link to the Directions:

http://www.geocities.com/levi_rox/Hood_Canal_Cruise.html?1038651992214

This is open to all SVT Owners that are interested and definately feel free to bring your better halves. Lets go have a good time.

If it rains, we will prob have to reschedule the cruise for after the holidays but we can still meet and get to know one another. 101 would be a real chore in the rain in these cars.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> Sounds like fun! Wish I could join you guys!

Ditto.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Hey Levi, thanks for getting that posted, ran into some other activities and was gonna post this am. Good on ya..

Brian, I met her right after I got mine and she had just got hers. They were waiting on a coupe and were told there were none in the area, so she was kinda upset when I told her when I got mine. They live in Kingston and she had followed me onto the sub base one day so we chatted.
Lookin fwd to the 7th:beer: :beer: :rolling:

coleman

Established Member
i'll be sure to forward this information to the local police departments along your path... :lol1:

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
There are not many local police where we are going :lol: state peetrol and shariffs should be it. But thanks for the warning.
I would go with meeting time of 10 am, most of those map programs default to 9am and I think Levi forgot to change it in his 2am daze :beer: :lol: :lol:
Or, the 9am start is published for the law enforcement, they might need a head start:thumbsup: :burnout:

2THDOC

Established Member
Sorry I can't make it for the trip. Will be at Bangor for Naval Reserve duty. Have a good trip.

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
Man, you guys are givin' me Flashbacks!

I used to do alot of hiking out that way during Offcrew. Never took my '93 out there that much though.

Have fun!

M.

03rocks

Established Member
Originally posted by kens03cobra

Or, the 9am start is published for the law enforcement, they might need a head start:thumbsup: :burnout:

You hit it right on the head. :bash:

03BlackMamba

Established Member
Wow, you guys are coming to my home town (Gig Harbor) for the start of the cruise......Nice Job..... I think my wife has me helping out at Jingle Bell Jam that day? It is a big annual fund raising event at the Tacoma Dome for Mary Bridge Children's Hospital. Hopefully I will have time to at least come by and meet you? If the weather turns out real nice maybe she will even let me go and join you on the cruise???? Since she is the chair person in charge of the silent auction I have to tread lightly about missing it...... Should I contact the local Peninsula Gateway newspaper so they can get some pics???? Oh, and don't forget Poulsbo has great places to eat seafood + a great bakery...........
03BlackMamba

03rocks

Established Member
Your right about Poulsbo, Sluys is a really good bakery. Tequilas next door isn't a half bad place to have beer either.

BrianR

Mild Mannered
Established Member
Originally posted by 03rocks
Your right about Poulsbo, Sluys is a really good bakery. Tequilas next door isn't a half bad place to have beer either.
Hmmmm, Crunch Bars...:thumbsup:

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Sorry about your head 03rocks :bash: :lol: thought I might be right..
Looks like this has the potential to turn out OK.. Would be cool to have a good turn out.
And Brian, I really don't expect you to wash yours before we go, will make mine look that much better :D
And yes, notify who you can for some publicity/pictures, why not?:-D

03BlackMamba

Established Member
Note: There is only one Albertson's. It is in the newly developed area by Canterwood just East off Highway 16 which is between Gig Harbor & Purdy... Three grocery stores are off Highway 16 @ Olympic Drive. They are Safeway and QFC on the West side and Fred Meyer's on the East side. Am I reading your starting point correctly? Oh, by the way I have never seen another '03 Cobra in Gig Harbor. The gathering will undoubtedly attract attention.
03BlackMamba...............

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Yo 03rocks, I dont get to gig harbor much if at all. Looks like we need to make sure we get this thing nailed down right.
Do you have a specific exit # for this albertsons? Don't want to cause confusion that can be avoided. Was it the albertsons you were thinking about?
:shrug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread