Honda Commercial

97snaketrplB

Originally posted by Ultor
The tires rolling up the ramp looked fake =(

It was all real, and it took them 635 takes!!!! (and a whole lot of money)

The tires were counterbalanced to where when they start to move, it pulls itself up.

Davechapelsvt

Established Member
what the hell was the point of that though? that reminds me of that game Mouse trap lol i used to play that as a kid... Ford should make a commercial in releliation to that one.. show sections of the honda one and then show a Cobra doing a burnout! **** that chink trickory! be a real man! or how about a Cobra at the track heating the tires up and covering an accord behind it with rubber.. then show the mustang run a 12.4! thats the ultimate humiliation... i'd like to see that 80,000 dollar NSX run a 12.4 bone stock...

Last edited:

SVTWARR3N

Established Member
uhhhhh.........Yea that was very......uhhhh.............O HELL THAT WAS LAME! I could make that shit in poser an it would look real and wtf is the honda snarf all about?

The lugnuts on my Cobra have more torque than your Honda.:rolling:

Ultor

Pie luver ;)
Established Member
Originally posted by SVTWARR3N
I could make that shit in poser an it would look real and wtf is the honda snarf all about?

Uhm... what ****ing language do they speak in Ohio?

The lugnuts on my Cobra have more torque than your Honda.:rolling:

SUPER ORIGINAL!... I bet you didn't even type that out, just copy/pasted it? Would explain why it doesn't look like friggin Arabic.

**** that chink trickory! be a real man!

I'm not totally sure what you want us to do here. To be "real men" we have to "**** chink trickery” If I lick it's nipple and grab it's buttocks does that at least get me into adolescence? :kaboom:

Last edited:

SynMan5.0

Established Member
Sorry, but not a single part of that was real. Still kind of interesting to watch, though.

~Lucky 13~

midget kicker
Established Member
Davechapelsvt you might want to change your wording before a moderator sees this. Just a warning unless you dont care if you get booted. I dont care what you say because that kind of stuff doesnt offend me but I got a warning for the same thing when I was new here so I cant say anything about it really. Just some advice if you didnt know they didnt allow racist stuff here and so you wouldnt have to find out the hard way like I did lol :bash:

jam2u

Established Member
Originally posted by svt46sc
Sorry, but not a single part of that was real. Still kind of interesting to watch, though.

It was quite real. But do i smell rice?? Burning??? :burn:

~Lucky 13~

midget kicker
Established Member
Lots of stuff usually gets through if its in smack down but sometimes you will get someone on the wrong day and they will get a little heated. I made a joke about "mexicans" and their "rice" not using those words and I got lightning larry I think it was??? ticked so I just shut up now because I like this site a lot and dont need to joke around to loose my right to be on here. :nono: Something run and moderated by others means just that. They can boot/ban you for saying stuff that offends them or other people. Thats just the way stuff works you know. Wish I would have known that before I got warned or said stuff so I didnt look like a racist redneck but oh well though I know now and so do you so all is well in the svt neighborhood :rockon:

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
I didn't watch it now, but it sounds like the "cog" commercial. I thought it was very cool , even though it was for Honda. I've read that it was all for real. they just broke the filming down to 2 segments. Not enought room for the whole thing to be taken in one shot I guess.

BTW, the wheels had weights in them, that's why they rolled up the ramp. Tape a penny to a balloon & watch it roll.

rah rah

Originally posted by Davechapelsvt
**** that chink trickory! be a real man! or how about a Cobra at the track heating the tires up and covering an accord behind it with rubber.. then show the mustang run a 12.4! thats the ultimate humiliation... i'd like to see that 80,000 dollar NSX run a 12.4 bone stock...

As a silent member of this site, it doesn't bother me to hear jokes about other makes, but this racist slang shit is out of line. Let's get something straight, you're not Dave Chapelle, so keep comments like that to yourself. Your only reinforcing the stereotype that Mustang owners are mostly hillbilly rednecks. Also, comparing a muscle car to anything else is asenine, especially an Accord. The fact that an innocent, non-performance oriented commercial could spark a bigoted commment, speaks volumes about what you harbor inside. Finally, I do have Chinese in my family so, yeah, it's personal. :fm:

Last edited:

Squeeler92

Originally posted by Davechapelsvt
my bad.. i figured it was freedom of speech

That only goes as far as it doesnt infringe on the rights of others...stop falling back on the Constitution when you know jack about it...

Davechapelsvt

Established Member
i wasn't serious when i said i figured its freedom of speech.. Obviously i can't go up to the president and call him a shit faced southerner! Why, are ppl with evo8's posting on a strickly mustang oriented site.. anyhow i just think the commercial is silly and has nothing to do with the Honda company.. what does the commercial prove? that they set up car parts and have them interact in a domino effect? what does that have to do with shit? i think its a waste of time personally.. And i still like my idea of making a commercial with a mustang doing a burnout and covering a honda in rubber.. nothing wrong with healthy compitition between car companies..

Users who are viewing this thread