Homemade Car Ramp.

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
i'll stick to my floor jack and secure it from falling.

i don't even trust jack stands. my grandfather died from a car falling on him.

93_408_LX

Established Member
Lawl @ people being so scared but they'll go under cheap chinese little plated jack stands. Do people realize train bridges are made out of wood?

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
We used to have something similar, only ours was made out of cross ties from an old rail road. I think they were 8"x8" and weighed probably close to 200 pounds each. Needless to say, they were very sturdy and I had no worries crawling under them to work on the car. This one looks much nicer, but ours wasn't located in the middle of a neighborhood.

BatmobileWS6

Established Member
I made these for the WS6:

IMG_4814.jpg

IMG_4815.gif

leftlane86gt

Established Member
This was posted on here several years ago if my memory serves me correct. There were a lot more pics and details on the actual build back then. Good luck finding it....lol

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
Very cool if it was installed in your back yard.

In my old neighborhood i wouldn't trust it. Kids would be riding bikes off it.. doing skateboard tricks or even screw with it.

94cobramike

Established Member
I bet those things are pretty heavy... look to be made out of 2x6" lumber. If you had a garage big enough to store them in, it would be a pretty sweet set up....

But then again, it doesn't look like he has a garage at all........

wakeover

Established Member
I made my own a few years ago. Replaced 2 clutches so far. I was a little hesitant at first so I tested it with my Navigator on top. Very sturdy.

dsc000031m.jpg

dsc00007r.jpg

dsc000021g.jpg

dsc000011.jpg

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
wow those pics are from awhile back. that guy lived in my town. i use to drive by that Cobra all the time when it was up on those ramps.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
although i know wood is very strong, id still be hesitant crawling under a home made wooden lift lol.

a couple of months ago i was reading about a local high school engineering competition where different high school clubs build bridges out of popsicle sticks. using only elmers glue to hold them together. the winner of this year's competition held up 1125lbs :eek: and its not a LOT of sticks. like 50 maybe? the whole thing weighs under 1lb.

found the article
Garden Grove High wins Popsicle-stick bridge-building contest - Los Angeles Times

Users who are viewing this thread