Home security camera

snakedoctor

Established Member
Can anyone recommend a good security camera that I can connect to my phone? I'm renting a house in Tennessee but currently working in Arizona. The house got broken into today. Nothing is missing thank God, but I need to beef up security. Since I'm only renting, I'm not wanting to spend a fortune. Any feedback is appreciated.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I use the Ring Spotlight Cam. It sends notifications to my phone, the picture is color and superb, has night vision, a panic alarm and a mic. I think it’s $30 a year for their recording service. Well worth it. I yell at my kids through it all the time.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Yeah I love my door cam....when the Chic Fil La deliverer hands the food to my wife I chime in with Chic Fil La...AGAIN? BAHAHAHA

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
I went all in on Ring as well a couple weeks ago. Really like it so far. I'm running 3 outdoor cams and 3 indoor at the entrances of the house. Really like it so far and is super simple to use.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I went with the ADT system. It gave me a discount on my homeowners insurance. Costs me $750/year and I get a $500 discount on my insurance.

Blown 89

Established Member
I have Ring and a Lorex system from Costco. Both are good but the lorex hardware is superior.

Not that it matters, all you’re doing is seeing someone steal your stuff, it’s not useful in solving or preventing anything

OX1

Established Member
I have Ring and a Lorex system from Costco. Both are good but the lorex hardware is superior.

Not that it matters, all you’re doing is seeing someone steal your stuff, it’s not useful in solving or preventing anything

Yeah, one is "states" away, not sure it even matters. Doubt my police get there quick enough, as I would have to be quick enough to determine what is going on, then contact then, and convince them they need to come out, NOW!! I purposely did not put cameras inside, since it's hooked to the net (sometimes).

96dreamer

Established Member
I have had good luck with my reolink system. Camera quality is great and I can access it from any phone or computer

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I use Ring. Spotty service at times but overall not a bad setup as I have 3 around the house. Sometimes will catch a 2mm twig rolling in the yard or a car driving by 3 miles away but won't catch the Amazon driver delivering packages.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
ADT. Blink is also very good imo.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread